Useless Thread MDCCLXXXI: Naeun Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Probably

The promotional staff comes around sometimes to give free pizza to people in the crowd or throw restaurant shirts. The people in that section are shown on the big screen.

Once caught one of the shirts but saw it was XL and gave it away.

lol, they do all kinds of stuff like that at the OHL level. I got caught on the kiss cam with a strange woman beside me. Her husband was behind her and the kids beside her. She was in my wife's seat and I told her not to worry as the seat would be open for that game. I joked that no promises if we wound up on the kiss cam and everybody around us just laughed, guess what...
There was a break in the action during the third period and wouldn't you know it, the STHs in front of me started to laugh and look back at us, and I looked up sheepishly while chugging my beer and saw my grey hair on the screen and just put up my hands and laughed. She wound up dancing with her kids, funny, they haven't ever shown me again!

Sep 19, 2008
lol, they do all kinds of stuff like that at the OHL level. I got caught on the kiss cam with a strange woman beside me. Her husband was behind her and the kids beside her. She was in my wife's seat and I told her not to worry as the seat would be open for that game. I joked that no promises if we wound up on the kiss cam and everybody around us just laughed, guess what...
There was a break in the action during the third period and wouldn't you know it, the STHs in front of me started to laugh and look back at us, and I looked up sheepishly while chugging my beer and saw my grey hair on the screen and just put up my hands and laughed. She wound up dancing with her kids, funny, they haven't ever shown me again!
Lol I have already wondered what happened if two people who weren't dating were caught on the kiss cam. The Kiss Cam is more Baltimore or maybe Nationals though. They don't have it a lot at the Caps games.

Caps games is largely Spot the Cow where you spot the person dressed in a cow outfit, the pizza giveaway 1st period, or the Green Turtle when they threw t shirts into the stands. Lately they started doing pepsi emoji things when they'd just show people on the big screen and put emojis over their face. Also they picked a fan of the game by spanning the 400's or 300's and singling in on a fan. That was probably the most recent season.

Sometimes they catch you if you're going early into the game and have you sign up. The people before me got to ride the zamboni before periods or play games on the ice. In the last 2 years the Capitals installed projectors under the big screen so you could play games like racing kart on the ice during the 3rd intermission, or run from the donuts on the ice.

Reactions: Tarantula
Sep 19, 2008
It's true. It's not a stereotype.

Everybody who is a math expert likes Star Wars or Pokemon. True story.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I don't envision many NASA engineers playing Pokeman go...
But you probably are talking to the types that go around your nieghbourhood hoping to see Uranus

Reactions: John Price
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad