Useless Thread MDCCLXVIII: Kpoop sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I had an apartment with vaulted ceilings.

Would recommend if given the choice, as it makes the place seem so much bigger.

I miss that place sometimes

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Windows and direction count the most. A smaller place looks bigger with ambient light. Especially high up. Not many basements feature a view like this though @Roman Fell.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
That apartment also had this big deck, with sliding doors in the living room and master bedroom.

Nearly no windows, making the place dark as hell. But I was working night shift, so I liked it

Had RGB bulbs in spotlights, and this RGB led string light running throughout the bookshelves on either side of the TV. It was neat

Last edited:

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Once as a 8 year old, we got enough flooding that my parents took a picture of me in the canoe on the front yard, heavy jacket and a paddle. It was like a small pond. The large yard actually had small waves running through it.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
In early grade school, we lived near the bottom of a hill on a paved street. During heavy summer rains, I'd put on my swim suit & "body surf" in the storm gutters along the street. I weigh too much now for that to work. But if this lockdown lasts much longer, I might try it just to cheer up the neighbors. Or to get to know our local police force better.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
@JMCx4, there was a huge hill, a mile from where I lived as a young teen, and during the winter we would have snowmobile suits and helmets and ride our bikes as fast as we could down the ice and try to see who could get furthest down the hill and who crashed the hardest. CCM Mustang custom bikes, ape hangers, banana seats and sissy bars. All bent.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
@JMCx4, there was a huge hill, a mile from where I lived as a young teen, and during the winter we would have snowmobile suits and helmets and ride our bikes as fast as we could down the ice and try to see how could the furthest down the hill and who crashed hardest. CCM Mustang custom bikes, ape hangers, banana seats and sissy bars. All bent.
Your parents must've been thrilled. All I did was wear out the seat on my swim trunks skidding on the concrete street.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
It's a big pan, so I guess you could make one giant pancake.

Might just be called a cake at that point
Dunno, I had pancakes at two different places on Kauai a few years back that were round & bigger than my head. With macadamia nuts in them. The art of the possible.

Reactions: Tarantula

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Been trying to watch Parasite, but damn it, I can't pay attention.

And it's subbed, so I can't exactly look away and listen to the dialog

Vertain

Mar 28, 2013
Vermont
I had a post deleted the other day.

Oh, the Mod was nice enough about it and even said 'sorry'.

I don't post much because I don't have much to say; so when I do post it is with a sense of, … I search the emotion … I don't know, a sense of completion, I guess. That will have to do.

I was going to post a bunch of really interesting posts somewhere on this board. Stuff like when I was in Germany and we had an American Trooper (Quarter Cav) with us and one night three of us (the American Trooper, my buddy Rick (RIP) from Recce Squadron, and myself (a tanker at the time) ended up in a Brit's MQ and he says you 2 guys (me and Rick) can have my wife, but I want the Black guy. Rick and I both said sure at almost the same time. Sammy (the American exchange Trooper) had a most negative reaction. Anyway, we left in short order. Raining hard and we were 100% lost. Saw a lighted porch so we ambled up and tried the door. It opened but was a very dark room. After stumbling around Rick said hey look at this and opened a coffin. Seems were in a Funeral Parlour or something similar. So we left. Next day ran into Sammy and asked if he wanted to go for a few beers later. He said Nope.

This happened in 1975, and Rick died about 3 months later at the age of 25. I never saw Sammy again after that night. I left out a lot of details. Mainly because I tend to bore people if given the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad