Useless Thread MDCCLXVII: The party never stops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Anyway as I told you @OmniCube @LarryFisherman Origin is being quirky with their updates which lead to constant alt-tabbing out of game because it is stealing focus from fullscreen applications. So I have to write a PowerShell script to delete the Licenses from the Origin folders.

Since I'm on my upstairs computer I will have to write some pseudocode until I can go downstairs and use the gaming computer and apply the PowerShell !!

Sep 19, 2008
So much f***ing bloatware smh

upload_2020-5-5_6-44-15.png

Sep 19, 2008
Crypto"currencies" are all pyramid schemes.

They serve no real purpose unless you are a scumbag doing scumbag things. They are exceptionally bad on the environment and energy usage. And they prey on young people and less than knowledgeable "investors".

f*** them all. Find a new use for blockchain that actually solves a problem instead of creating more. The technology has some potential, but it's current use is a shit show.

Sep 19, 2008
I think Larry does his development and all his computer work on a flavor of Linux if I'm not mistaken

I will not leave Windows 10

member 157595

@OmniCube @LarryFisherman

Have you ever worked with PowerShell

I have to write a PowerShell script to delete Origin licenses since it's responsible for alt tabbing me constantly out of EA products.

Yes I have but not extensively.

Anyway as I told you @OmniCube @LarryFisherman Origin is being quirky with their updates which lead to constant alt-tabbing out of game because it is stealing focus from fullscreen applications. So I have to write a PowerShell script to delete the Licenses from the Origin folders.

Since I'm on my upstairs computer I will have to write some pseudocode until I can go downstairs and use the gaming computer and apply the PowerShell !!

I have bought a total of 1 console/PC game in the past 10 years. I have no idea even what Origin is. Full-time working parents with young children don't have time to game...my gaming era has long since passed.

Will your game even load in the first place if you delete the licensing folder?

@OmniCube @LarryFisherman Do you use Windows 10

POS OS

Yes, when I have to. I'm an Ubuntu and CentOS guy if I have a choice and superuser privileges, especially the former because that's the OS used in robotics.

best wishes to our good friend and homie @OmniCube on his recovery from MCL injury

Please read your post (the one I responded to with the ligament comment) and then my response. Read them repeatedly until you understand why I said what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad