Useless Thread MDCCLXVI: I wanted to sail around the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
i absolutely know they do, yes.

i have a friend who wen through 7 rounds of interviews at google, including two live coding sessions in front of first regular level developers, then architect-level devs for the second session.

each session was over an hour and they would throw problems at you and basically expect perfection. they have too many applicants to f*** around with "losers".

it's scary as shit.

I'm not sure about amazon/facebook, but assume it's much the same. they are too big to fool around with bad hires.
Yes. That's what that big ass Coding interview book is for. Nearly every Silicon Valley job pulls that shit to weed through candidates.

"Big 4" - Amazon / Microsoft / Google / FB

Even if it's not those 4 everyone else like Paypal or any NoCal comp uses those tests. It's best to be prepared.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Yes. That's what that big ass Coding interview book is for. Nearly every Silicon Valley job pulls that shit to weed through candidates.

"Big 4" - Amazon / Microsoft / Google / FB

Even if it's not those 4 everyone else like Paypal or any NoCal comp uses those tests. It's best to be prepared.

i think it's super stupid. i'm interested, when hiring candidates (i've only ever been in 6 or 7 interviews) i'm looking for obvious skill, but also (more so) good personality and someone who will be a good fit with our team. I think if you show a basic skill set and understanding of code (C#/.NET in our case), then you can learn most stuff. If you're a stiff and an asshole it's going to be hard to integrate even if you're the dopest coder on earth.

Sep 19, 2008
I did watch the Simpsons on Disney Plus?
829127.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
It's criminal JYP doesn't have these songs on spotify

at least She was Pretty / Honey / Don't Leave Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->