Useless Thread MDCCLXIX: Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Stream sniping is a contentious form of, essentially, cheating in multiplayer games with big livestream audiences. Stream snipers are those who watch a Twitch stream of a game while playing it themselves to get a read on where another player is so that they can go take them down.

Stream sniping is a non-issue when the obvious solution is to delay their stream by a few minutes.

If I wanted to see someone bitch and moan every time they died in a video game, I would just record myself playing Call of Duty

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I would rarely, if ever, lose my shit when playing Battlefield, but I would rage way too often when playing CoD.

Between the killcam inaccuracies and bullshit lag compensation, I would bitch about almost every death. Be standing behing cover and die, killcam shows them killing you while out of cover with absolutely no recoil on their gun.

Not having dedicated servers is such a disservice to the players. If you were host of the game, you would get f***ed over so badly. What stupidity, punishing the player with the best connection, while award the players with the worst connections

It was so obvious and game-wrecking that I would log into my router and limit my internet speed to avoid being host

Last edited:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
"If you watch baseball on TV, someone they pay a lot of attention to is the pitcher."

giphy.gif

Sep 19, 2008
Korean fried chicken differs from typical American fried chicken because it is fried twice; the skin is therefore crunchier and less greasy. Furthermore, Korean-style chicken is not characterized by the crags and crusty nubs associated with American fried chicken; it was described by Julia Moskin of The New York Times as a "thin, crackly and almost transparent crust".[5] The chicken is usually seasoned with spices, sugar, and salt, prior to and after being fried. Korean fried chicken restaurants commonly use small- or medium-sized chickens; these younger chickens result in more tender meat. After frying, the chicken is usually hand-painted with sauce using a brush in order to evenly coat the chicken with a thin layer. Pickled radishes and beer (or carbonated drink) are often served with Korean fried chicken.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Chinese take-out fried chicken wings are the same as regular old fried chicken, right? Wrong. This fried chicken wings recipe is a special family recipe.

member 157595

This was the first one that I have been able to play but it's been great.
I originally played it when it came out in 2018 but just picked it back up the other day. I'm almost to the end and I'm just knocking out some of the side quests and messing around a few other areas :laugh:

V and VIII are the best in the series IMO. If you like XI you'd like VIII, there's a remake on the 3DS (original was on PS2.)

XI is really good so far. Need to play it more but I have no idea when or if that will ever happen.

Being so unproductive the last ten weeks is absolutely affecting my mental state. I have no idea how Roman has been doing this shit for over a decade.

Same. I can hardly stand working from home anymore. I may be a bit of a loner outside of work but at work my best attributes are communication and working well with others, and that gets neutered when no one is in direct contact.

member 157595

SoupyFIN only responds to my reports!

actually since soupy lost his virginity a while ago noone has moderated the lounge. It would actually be quite beautiful but 97% of the posters have already left.

Having Ix on ignore helps a lot though.

This is exactly what HF wanted, for the lounge to die a slow, agonizing death.

It's too bad for them that the hockey-related content on this forum has gotten progressively worse since 2003 or so. It's now at the point that the main boards are absolutely abysmal. Most of the best hockey posters that still post here usually stick to their individual team boards, and rightfully so.

Miguel Cairo

Mar 18, 2020
Same. I can hardly stand working from home anymore. I may be a bit of a loner outside of work but at work my best attributes are communication and working well with others, and that gets neutered when no one is in direct contact.
I actually love working from home and am wondering if I can basically do it full time even when all this ends. It’s just everything else that’s miserable. I haven’t seen my friends in person once in ten weeks. I’m doing a pretty good job working out daily, but I’ve got two kettlebells and a pull-up bar, so I can’t replicate my normal gym, let alone the exercise I normally get cycling around and playing sports. Basically my work day ends at five then I sit around watching Netflix or making Simpsons memes. At this point it’s getting difficult for me to imagine ever living a normal life again, I feel like I’m going to die in lockdown.

Reactions: OmniCube

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... I can hardly stand working from home anymore. I may be a bit of a loner outside of work but at work my best attributes are communication and working well with others, and that gets neutered when no one is in direct contact.
Some people warrant neutering if they're gonna come in direct contact. I hope you're not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad