Useless Thread MDCCCIV: Carry on then

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I'm still using Fedora 33 since 34 introduces Gnome 40 and it's not ready for prime time at all IMO

upload_2021-8-4_16-12-30.png

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Watched a documentary about the film Heaven's Gate, which lead me to this wikipedia page:

List of biggest box-office bombs - Wikipedia

It's funny seeing movies on that list that you haven't thought about in years.

The Great Wall was f***ing hilarious. Matt Damon protecting the Great Wall of China with knockoff Gundam suits

Last edited:

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Suddenly started feeling like shit about 30 minutes ago.

Thought it was the old "Let's remember something that will make you feel like shit then forget about it so you still feel like shit, but can't remember why", but it's more likely I've had too much coffee
Were you using it to wash down 5 pounds of cheese?

Sep 19, 2008
@darko apparently medaling in basketball is not something you know down unda :laugh: hope the dingo didn't get your basketball medals :laugh:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Fine by me

People wanted Levar Burton but he barely did any episodes

His episodes aired last week, competing with Olympic coverage, if not outright preempted. And he only got 5 episodes, while other people got 10 episodes.

It doesn't have to be LeVar Burton, but could they not pick the most generic and boring looking dude on the planet?

The right host could lead to a revitalization of the show, yet it seems like they want to just promote the EP who probably has some say in this decision, so it just comes across as a bad look

Sep 19, 2008
Personally Ken Jennings would have been fine

Oh well

I don't even watch Jeopardy anymore so I don't really care

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Mike Richards doing well in two days of filming means jack shit because he's hosted other game shows before.

Picking someone because they're the best host right now is incredibly short-sighted and discounts what the numerous other hosts could bring to the table when given the chance to improve and settle in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->