Used hockey equipment - [Long Island edition]

Garfinkel1

Jun 28, 2008
CT
Hey guys,

So growing up my whole life I played Roller hockey goalie. I hit 9th grade and stopped when I moved. Anyways, 8 years later and I started playing ice hockey and been getting pretty good but my goal all along has been to transition back to goalie.

My buddys cousin is a couple inches bigger than me and gave me some of his old equipment. I bought the rest and the only thing I have left is to get Goalie Skates. I obviously don't want to spend a lot of $$ because if I suck (and I've heard it's much different than roller hockey goalie and it's been a while so it's a good possability) I'll just keep playing out of the net.

So, Any good places to get cheap/used goalie skates and/or equipment?

Over the summer I found a place but I havn't been able to find it/remember it.

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
What size of skate are you?
I have an extra pair of CCM 9.5 'E' width Tacks goalie skates.

Can always check ads at your local arenas' bulletin boards, play-it-again or other local used sporting goods stores, kijiji (i think it's now ebay classifieds in the states) or craigslist, ebay, goaliestore.com has online classifieds - other goalie bulletin boards have classifieds also. In my experience thrift stores and yard sales rarely have much if any hockey goalie equipment - especially in real adult sizes.

robmneilson

Aug 27, 2009
www.robmneilson.com
If there are any play it again sports around on LI it might be a good place. I went to one a few years ago and got a great goalie helmet and chest protector for around $80 total.

IslesZoso

Apr 30, 2010
Great Neck, LI
If there are any play it again sports around on LI it might be a good place. I went to one a few years ago and got a great goalie helmet and chest protector for around $80 total.

Not far from Roosevelt Field and Old Country Road:

Play It Again Sports
223 Glen Cove Rd, Carle Place, NY 11514
(516) 873-8874

Garfinkel1

Jun 28, 2008
CT
What size of skate are you?
I have an extra pair of CCM 9.5 'E' width Tacks goalie skates.

Can always check ads at your local arenas' bulletin boards, play-it-again or other local used sporting goods stores, kijiji (i think it's now ebay classifieds in the states) or craigslist, ebay, goaliestore.com has online classifieds - other goalie bulletin boards have classifieds also. In my experience thrift stores and yard sales rarely have much if any hockey goalie equipment - especially in real adult sizes.

Thank you but I'm a size 9 US so I think I need a 7.5.

I appreciate it though. Thanks!!

Garfinkel1

Jun 28, 2008
CT

Cool, I'll check it out. There's one near me. thanks!

if you wanna take the ride, check out Pregame Proshop in westwood NJ, about 10 mins from NYC. They have tons of used skates there
Damn, and I was in NYC a couple days ago. I'll try and check it out next week.

Not far from Roosevelt Field and Old Country Road:

Play It Again Sports
223 Glen Cove Rd, Carle Place, NY 11514
(516) 873-8874

Yeah, that's RIGHT near me. I'll check it out. Thanks dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad