Use Burmi Or Trade Him

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
im amazed how many fans hate burmistrov on here
really surprises me, kind of a knock makes this city look bad in terms of hockey knowledge

29 teams would pay very high prices to add burmi to their lineup, and im sure chevy is ignoring all offers

i'm a huge burmi fan and i think what you said here is ridiculous. right now he's a solid 3rd liner with potential to be an excellent 2nd liner. he has his faults, although i don't think they are any worse than others who get a free pass from the club &/or fans. i think it's fair to say he hasn't reached his potential.

i seriously doubt chevy would pass on trading burmi for the right offer.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
im amazed how many fans hate burmistrov on here
really surprises me, kind of a knock makes this city look bad in terms of hockey knowledge

29 teams would pay very high prices to add burmi to their lineup, and im sure chevy is ignoring all offers

In one sentence you talk of people looking bad with their hockey knowledge and in the other say 29 teams would pay a "very high" price for Burmistrov......

i'm a huge burmi fan and i think what you said here is ridiculous. right now he's a solid 3rd liner with potential to be an excellent 2nd liner. he has his faults, although i don't think they are any worse than others who get a free pass from the club &/or fans. i think it's fair to say he hasn't reached his potential.

Good assesment imo. Only caveat I would put is if Chevy is getting any hints from the agent that Burmistrov is considering a move to the KHL. that would prompt him wanting to move him.

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013

its not ridiculous
people who know anything about this team know that we are rebuilding for the future
we dont want vets we want prospect, burmi is one of our top prospects

chevy isnt going to deal one of our top prospects, when those are the players we are trying to aquire in the first place

if we were making a cup run, ya, but thats not the case

thed00d

Sep 29, 2010
All really good arguments for and against.

Where I would like to see Burmi used would be on the second line, replacing Miettenen. Burmi and Kane had some decent chemistry, and it would be great to see that again....that and he is definitely a boost from what Miettenen brings to the table.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Found a relevant article: http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2012...ets-alexander-burmistrov-nhl-lockout-2012-khl

He said "@ak-bars looks like time to go home !!! Miss it so much !!!"

I guess that is somewhat open to interpretation.

Ya, I dunno... I interpreted differently than Derek did when we were discussing it, and even then it's still speculative. Not that my interpretation has any more chance of being right. He had a legal contract with the Jets' and he chose to stay before any CBA was finalized.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
if he was going to the khl he would have done so in the lockout

He could not. KHL and NHL have a Memorandum of Understanding. That means that they respect the other league's contracts. Burmistrov was under a valid NHL contract, he could not head to KHL during lockout without Jets approval. It's the same reason KHL blocked Visnovsky from playing in KHL after NHL season started and why LA Kings were forced to send prospect LW Nikolai Prokhorkin back to Russia this year due to a valid contract in KHL.

This off-season he can sign in KHL though once he becomes RFA.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Not a chance I'd do that trade.
Also Stewart plays for St. Louis.

Yeah, had a brain fart there. lol

I think Stewart would fit nicely with this team given our desparate need for a second line right winger who can put the puck in the net. Guy has size which Chevy covets too. Factor in his age and I think this is what it takes to get him on the Jets.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
That he doesn't let an individual player dictate what system his team uses?
To me it looks like picking on the easiest target in our roster to create a bubble called "I'm the boss here". 21 years old, not Canadian born with no family close, maybe has language issues, who could be easier? Btw I still haven't gotten the answer why nobody else was sit before Alex eventho I've seen other players play worse for longer

He's coached one full season in the NHL with a 4 point improvement on his teams previous year. He made the playoffs every year he was a head coach in the IHL/AHL and won the calder cup championship in the AHL.
I thought NHL isn't AHL. Noel also played in AHL but didn't make it to NHL.

Let's put it this way. If we're to shop Alex we will find a buyer who will decently pay for him. If Noel loses his job with Jets he will have to go back to AHL cuz no NHL team will be interested in him ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->