USACHL: New Junior League?

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
A couple posters commented awhile back about the possibility of the USACHL hurting these markets/venues so bad they'll turn down chances in the future to be part of reputable junior leagues...

Reading all the local news articles, I can't help but to think that might be true. Although some blame could be put on these markets for not doing their homework on the sketchy history of the league owners, it's still hurting these cities and going to put junior hockey in a negative light with the cities and venues well into the future.

The league owners had major problems from the beginning and rushed the league together but now that the well-predicted trainwreck is in motion, instead of doing the right thing and calling it, they're trying to push this mega failure onward. The thing that pissed me off the most, is that the league seems to be blaming everyone else for the epic collapse:

Blaming that their social media was hijacked. (media services co. didn't get paid so the media co. repo'd the pages back.)

Blaming players leaving teams/rosters low to an unsafe low amount on Steve Heisler and hockey advisors for moving players to other leagues. (The right move when no one is getting what was originally promised, and likely players are moving on their own if they're smart)

Blaming the venues and then threatening legal action for cancelled games and blaming bus company for no travel. (The rinks aren't getting paid and multiple payments behind)

It's childish, unprofessional, shady, and irresponsible!

Last edited:

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
A couple posters commented awhile back about the possibility of the USACHL hurting these markets/venues so bad they'll turn down chances in the future to be part of reputable junior leagues...

Reading all the local news articles, I can't help but to think that might be true. Although some blame could be put on these markets for not doing their homework on the sketchy history of the league owners, it's still hurting these cities and going to put junior hockey in a negative light with the cities and venues well into the future.

The league owners had major problems from the beginning and rushed the league together but now that the well-predicted trainwreck is in motion, instead of doing the right thing and calling it, they're trying to push this mega failure onward. The thing that pissed me off the most, is that the league seems to be blaming everyone else for the epic collapse:

Blaming that their social media was hijacked. (media services co. didn't get paid so the media co. repo'd the pages back.)

Blaming players leaving teams/rosters low to an unsafe low amount on Steve Heisler and hockey advisors for moving players to other leagues. (The right move when no one is getting what was originally promised, and likely players are moving on their own if they're smart)

Blaming the venues and then threatening legal action for cancelled games and blaming bus company for no travel. (The rinks aren't getting paid and multiple payments behind)

It's childish, unprofessional, shady, and irresponsible!

I think hidalgo and Laredo will always be considered by start-up and expanding leagues. Really its between two parties, owners and venues... With Bert Odgen Arena now here, State farm will prolly get desperate for tenents and will probably offer attractive leases. If that's not what has already happened.

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
The USACHL owner has spoken!

Wichita Falls Force players leaving; Davidson responds to hockey drama

Ok...Bill Davidson interview says the force still in operation, Spectra is in the wrong, City is in the wrong. Booster club is wrong. No late payments. No checks ever bounced. No one is owed money. Troy is just stuck in Canada with a visa issue. National teams are already being lined up to play the 3 USACHL teams and all games are being played.

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
1) Force no longer in operation. Boys fly back home Monday
2) Spectra not in the wrong
3) City not in the wrong
4) Booster Club not in the wrong
5) Second late payment issued to WFMPEC
6) The owner always makes late payments with everything so don’t be so surprised
7) Checks to multiple people and facilities have bounced
8) Lots of people are owed money. If you’ve bought a ticket for an upcoming game, I suggest you get a refund because that game isn’t happening, and if you’re stupid enough to argue with me on this then you deserve to lose your money on that ticket. I will not waste my breath on a fool with too much time or money on his/her hands.
9) Troy not stuck in Canada with Visa issue. Troy was not paid and doesn’t like bullsh!t
10) International teams have not been contacted. Highly unlikely they want someone to control their team and suck them dry like with the Texas Lawmen and The Force.
11) Some games might get played but don’t bet all of them will.
12) Lawsuit against Spectra isn’t going to happen. Only an empty threat to save face.

Just in case it wasn’t clear, it is hard to see how anyone can give him a shread of credibility at this point, even those who drank the Koolade.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
article referenced got updated with the Wichita Falls original coach (the one that resigned before the season): it’s behind a pay wall so here you go:

Any word on where that coach is now? A lot of the players are returning to unimpressive Tier III teams, which is reflective of the quality of player the league has. However, I'm curious as to where the coaches that we didn't get to see for very long went, and what their potential quality was.

Last edited:

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The Witchita Falls force Twitter account is even posting about the players leaving, and the league shutting down.

salibandy2581

Nov 30, 2018
BaghdadBob.jpg

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
The Death Pool – USACHL Down To Two Teams With Life Expectancy Counted In Hours

Charges Pending Against CEO of USACHL

Two more articles about the continuing gongshow in Texas. Interesting how all it took was the league self-imploding to get some proper media attention. Bill Davidson will face charges despite him having big plans for the league. Not sure why he's pushing to keep the league alive since no new market, personnel, or players would ever join after seeing the ineptitude we experienced in season 1.

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
I’m seeing people trying to get refunds for tickets now. Some bought early on in summer, others just a little bit ago. Anyone an expert in credit cards, terms and conditions, that kind of thing that they can use with their banks and credit card companies given that some purchased a couple of months ago or more?

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The Death Pool – USACHL Down To Two Teams With Life Expectancy Counted In Hours

Charges Pending Against CEO of USACHL

Two more articles about the continuing gongshow in Texas. Interesting how all it took was the league self-imploding to get some proper media attention. Bill Davidson will face charges despite him having big plans for the league. Not sure why he's pushing to keep the league alive since no new market, personnel, or players would ever join after seeing the ineptitude we experienced in season 1.
Technically only about month 1

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Technically only about month 1

That's probably how long season 1 will last. Unless Bill Davidson has RGV play a couple weekend series against the Mexican national team and the Zimbabwean U18 team on the hopes that he can scam a few more bucks from other locations uninformed or desperate enough to house a team in this gongshow.

Reactions: mk80

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but no national team will be flying in. Collecting ticket sales money on their end when there won’t be any games is fraudulent and irresponsible.

This league, if you can still call it that, existing any longer than it has to in order to pay back the people it defrauded, find the kids new teams, and be taken into custody for any other legal infringements is the only bad news.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
If that attendance number is anywhere near accurate it pisses me off this charade will likely kill that potential for good junior hockey in Laredo, RGV, and WF most likely permanently.

Too bad there was little to no coverage of the game so we'll never know for sure. But, attendance numbers can be easily inflated. The NA East Division (excluding Jamestown and Johnstown) teams say they're getting +200 people per game and everyone knows the real numbers aren't anywhere close to 3 digits.

National team Eisbären Berlin Juniors from Germany will not be flying in. I knew and called it before it was announced to the media. No other national team will be flying in as well.

There's a big difference between a national team and a club team. That's a U20 German club team playing in the U20 German league. One of the articles you posted made the claim that they're very good despite them coming over here to play very low level Canadian Jr B. teams. Unless the Ice Bears blow them out of the water, then I highly doubt their talent level is high at all and probably would've been a good match for RGV.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad