USACHL: New Junior League?

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
Ludwig media has confirmed they control the league and team twitter accounts went they went offline. There is a dispute on who owns the twitter account maybe:

Attachments

• 732C6339-1503-426F-83DC-C520106BF9A6.png
    732C6339-1503-426F-83DC-C520106BF9A6.png
    383.6 KB · Views: 29

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Ludwig media has confirmed they control the league and team twitter accounts went they went offline. There is a dispute on who owns the twitter account maybe:
Why would you contract out your social media in the first place. That's exactly what I do for a living. Certainly cheaper to pay a person to work for the league/ teams to do it than contracting an outside company.

Glad this finally all came out officially that people are being screwed over for their paychecks by this league. And it doesn't just stop at outside social media services.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Why would you contract out your social media in the first place. That's exactly what I do for a living. Certainly cheaper to pay a person to work for the league/ teams to do it than contracting an outside company.

Glad this finally all came out officially that people are being screwed over for their paychecks by this league. And it doesn't just stop at outside social media services.

They might have done it because they don't know what they're doing. It seems to be a common theme with the upper management of the league.

You've revealed more about the league than the league has itself. The leagues really in the crapper when the most legit news source is HFboards

Reactions: mk80

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
I coach has left his team and went back to Ottawa Canada . Got tired of chasing people for his pay. Who or what is next.

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
The Wichita Falls game seems to have went on OK, someone at the game posted a flyer that was a message of staying the course.

Holy heck, what is up in South Texas though. The scheduled game became a 3 on 3 “showcase” except it is not clear who the players were being showcased to. A friend said only 4 players and no goalies showed for the Lawmen so they moved some of the Bee’s players over, but I don’t know who to confirm that independently. No broadcast of the game.....

Attachments

• C8659E5B-C011-42DE-9C6F-21426DA3C2F8.png
    C8659E5B-C011-42DE-9C6F-21426DA3C2F8.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 509BCC5D-58E8-4982-9246-2805D671ADCD.jpeg
    509BCC5D-58E8-4982-9246-2805D671ADCD.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 24

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
The Wichita Falls game seems to have went on OK, someone at the game posted a flyer that was a message of staying the course.

Holy heck, what is up in South Texas though. The scheduled game became a 3 on 3 “showcase” except it is not clear who the players were being showcased to. A friend said only 4 players and no goalies showed for the Lawmen so they moved some of the Bee’s players over, but I don’t know who to confirm that independently. No broadcast of the game.....

There were 8 bees and 11 lawmen head my count. Thanksgiving might have a hand in this...And they were playing 3 on 3. everyone here can rejoice that less than 500 showed up but it was a lawmen home game and on black Friday. I doubt tomorrow will be any better.
I've had food poisoning so I got there mid 1st thru end of 2nd. Couldn't figure out what was going on....there was a shootout after each period ended. Lawmen were up 6-5 end of 2nd, looked like a. real game to me not a showcase. But then as buttclay notes I know nothing about hockey. Beers were $2 but I had a sprite. Passed on the hot dogs and popcorn also $2. restrooms were clean.

Kinda felt bad for the lawmen as the crowd and announcer were bee fans....but it was the first lawmen home game.

Last edited:

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
There were 8 bees and 11 lawmen head my count. Thanksgiving might have a hand in this...And they were playing 3 on 3. everyone here can rejoice that less than 500 showed up but it was a lawmen home game and on black Friday. I doubt tomorrow will be any better.
I've had food poisoning so I got there mid 1st thru end of 2nd. Couldn't figure out what was going on....there was a shootout after each period ended. Lawmen were up 6-5 end of 2nd, looked like a. real game to me not a showcase.

Kinda felt bad for the lawmen as the crowd and announcer were bee fans....but it was the first lawmen home game.

Doing a “showcase” instead of a regulation game is problematic at best. For instance, how do you count the game in the league standings? Statistics are important for the players to get noticed, so do the stats count for the game? How about goalie save percentage and GAA?

Also, the fans were promised a regular season game on the schedule, not a a game with weird wacky rules and penalty shots (were they replacing infractions?).

Is the plan to go cross ice if more players are lost before tomorrow?

Although disappointing they should have postponed the game if they were not capable of icing a regulation set of players. Fairly certain if they are using the NHL rule book as claimed that wasn’t being followed.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
There were 8 bees and 11 lawmen head my count. Thanksgiving might have a hand in this...And they were playing 3 on 3...

If teams are down to that few players, they need to fold! Any other reputable junior league would have suspended teams with those amounts. Junior players stay with their billet families during Thanksgiving so that's not a valid excuse. The ones that left town aren't coming back!

It looks like by all accounts that Billy D and the USACHL guys are trying to get every dollar they can before this thing falls through. They're trying to row a boat that has more leaks than they have buckets.

The reputable thing to do is shut it down, be open and honest to fans and players, and focus on a reboot for 2019 or 2020. Sometimes the truth hurts but this is one of those examples where it's much better to take a hit now and in the end save any reputation left. By continuing to hide the inevitable, they're building more bad publicity, and going to turn off any future players or future fan/city support. They rushed the league and this is the very predictable result.

Last edited:

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
If teams are down to that few players, they need to fold! Any other reputable junior league would have suspended teams with those amounts. Junior players stay with their billet families during Thanksgiving so that's not a valid excuse. The ones that left town aren't coming back!

It looks like by all accounts that Billy D and the USACHL guys are trying to get every dollar they can before this thing falls through. They're trying to row a boat that has more leaks than they have buckets.

The reputable thing to do is shut it down, be open and honest to fans and players, and focus on a reboot for 2019 or 2020. They rushed the league and this is the very predictable result.

I'd rather have what we had last night than nothing, at least it was a try. I'm on the opposite side of you guys tho.

Last edited:

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
I'd rather have what we had last night than nothing, at least it was a try. I'm on the opposite side of you guys tho.

I can respect your opinion.

What gets me mad most of all is that they launched with a business plan that could not sustain losses for the time period needed to grow the fan base. If they really had the capital to buy an ice rink, do a million dollar renovation, and sustain the league for 3 years without a dime of income, then there would have been no issues of getting people payed and the league would have had the time needed to develop properly.

And none of they is the fault of the players, or the coaches, or the GM’s. That goes straight to the top of the league ownership.

Reactions: Rgvhockeyfan

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
I can respect your opinion.

What gets me mad most of all is that they launched with a business plan that could not sustain losses for the time period needed to grow the fan base. If they really had the capital to buy an ice rink, do a million dollar renovation, and sustain the league for 3 years without a dime of income, then there would have been no issues of getting people payed and the league would have had the time needed to develop properly.

And none of they is the fault of the players, or the coaches, or the GM’s. That goes straight to the top of the league ownership.

I questioned Bills thinking a long time ago but still wanted hockey back...
I saw a quote by him early on that he was expecting 6 to 9 thousand showing up per game...

That's not dealing with reality at all.

Maybe that was the case back in the hot rivalry days with the bucks bees and icerays but quite frankly Jr hockey here isn't close to that talent plus the non fighting issue. That's huge to us who know nothing about hockey...the crowd goes wild when a fight goes on...

And so when almost anyone asks here are the Jr bees any good it's yea they are but they don't let them fight anymore...that's a huge turn off. And why you won't ever reach 6 to 9 thousand attendance levels...

I do know a lot about hockey watching it the last 7 years contrary to buttclays wishes, the talent and plays these guys in NHL make are unreal...but honesty fights are a big bonus to the crowds too...

I understand the Tom Wilson's are hated and rightly so taking out innocent players (although I love the Caps along with other teams, basically I respect any talented player except the likes of Brad and his stunts)

I also think Wilson served a purpose of being in the opponents head when he was on the ice so I can't completely fault him. I also think the 20 game suspension was warranted for his actions. So I'm fair...

He is a talented player but you better be aware when he's on the ice and that's a distraction that plays into the caps hands. It's give and take.

I'm sure some day he will get his payback. But that's hockey and why its so exciting...like MMA.

Like AC/DCs Bonn Scott sang... if you want blood, you got it.

But yea, Bill has made some bad decisions, its all on him.

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
Rgvhockeyfan, I need you to confirm the score i heard for tonight. They claimed the final was 19-8 in favor of the B’s over the lawmen. Is this true? Was the game called early as there should be at least one more period given the start time.

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
Rgvhockeyfan, I need you to confirm the score i heard for tonight. They claimed the final was 19-8 in favor of the B’s over the didn't go.lawmen. Is this true? Was the game called early as there should be at least one more period given the start time.

I'm really sick and didn't go, sorry, I'm aggie and we're playing #7 LSU.. So the couch won......I'll ask around, I know they won tho... I realize after last night its pretty much over.

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
Rgvhockeyfan, I need you to confirm the score i heard for tonight. They claimed the final was 19-8 in favor of the B’s over the didn't go.lawmen. Is this true? Was the game called early as there should be at least one more period given the start time.

I'm really sick and didn't go, sorry, I'm aggie and we're playing #7 LSU.. So the couch won......I'll ask around, I know they won tho... I realize after last night its pretty much over.

Update 18-8 bees from a player, Lukas radius, 3 goals 6 assists...kid is pretty happy...

Last edited:

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
Thank you. Any truth that half the players on the lawmen tonight were actually bee’s players in the opposite team uniform, then they switched back prior to the post game “autograph” session?

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
Take it easy Ed. Not cool.
That is seriously what I was told by a lawman fan. They are down to about 4 players so that is how they got enough lawmen to do the 3 vs 3. That it was a reason they did not stream the games as well when the prior week they streamed via both Facebook and YouTube without problems, and even have a play by play guy for the broadcasts.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
18-8 bees win. From a player Lukas radius...he's pretty happy another hat trick and 5 assists

I got a hat trick and 5 assists in a 3v3 pickup game once too. It was a pretty fun night. The other guys were a bit confused when I took the puck and had it taped up after the third goal though.

In all seriousness, if the kids really are happy about the 3v3 gongshow weekend then they aren't really junior hockey like we talked about before. Yes, they might like the junior hockey lifestyle but they're not in it for development, college hockey opportunities, etc... The USACHL is turning into one of worst stories of junior hockey failures ever.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I got a hat trick and 5 assists in a 3v3 pickup game once too. It was a pretty fun night. The other guys were a bit confused when I took the puck and had it taped up after the third goal though.

In all seriousness, if the kids really are happy about the 3v3 gongshow weekend then they aren't really junior hockey like we talked about before. Yes, they might like the junior hockey lifestyle but they're not in it for development, college hockey opportunities, etc... The USACHL is turning into one of worst stories of junior hockey failures ever.

And sadly probably killing off the markets for the long term.

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
WF is advertising next weekends games, but I’m doubtful they survive this long. Maybe they reduce the number of teams to make it go a little longer.

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
Dear Force Fans,
Despite rumors of the league shutting down, as you can see, we are still playing hockey and are excited about this weekend!
Rumors are rumors and I wanted to assure everyone in this wonderful city of Wichita Falls that we, The USA Central Hockey League, have no intention of stopping our season.
It is sad that some evil people in this world always try to wreck a good thing.… these same people tried to sabotage our league by hijacking (sp) our social media and websites.
Unfortunately, the people that suffer from this is our hockey players, the guys we are trying to help and get to the next level.
Our league is not letting this get in the way!!
Enjoy the games!!!!!! Go Force Go!!
Bill Davidson
CEO, USACHL

Force Fans,
This is good ol’ Coach Jesse. Our season is up and running. We are looking forward to nothing but success. We have a 3 game weekend vs Laredo Bucks. We will have some fast action hard (sp) hitting entertainment for you fans. I would like to thank you for (sp) coming to the games. Happy Holidays.
Jesse Davis
Force Head Coach

Fans,
I wanted to take a moment to say I am truly thankful to you for all of your support. Without you we could not do what we do for the advancement of our players. I look forward to a very successful year moving forward both on and off the ice. Enjoy the weekend.
Debi Fleetwood
General Manager, Wichita Falls Force
[email protected]
Twitter: @zachdavislmt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->