USACHL: New Junior League?

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
BTW, the league isn't even a true Tier I junior league. In the USHL, players receive hockey equipment head to toe while in the USACHL players get helmets, sticks, gloves, pant shells, bags/team apparel - i.e players pay for all protective equipment (including hockey pants) and skates.

Heh. That made no sense at all...

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
Wasn’t saying there were, was just pointing out there were beer leagues out there in general better organized than your little circus.

Not the great authority on hockey. But I know a **** show when I see one, there’s “pleanty” of them out there. And *plenty* more that meet basic hockey standards.

Last edited:

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Looks like somebody's on a good 'ole drinking bin :cheers:

Count me in as one that doesn't want leagues starting up barely half-assed. There's a good likelihood this one goes belly-up, imo. And half-assed leagues that go belly-up in a short time could damage those markets from being interested if a league with a good foundation comes knocking on the door later.

Reactions: Barclay Donaldson

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Looks like somebody's on a good 'ole drinking bin :cheers:

Count me in as one that doesn't want leagues starting up barely half-assed. There's a good likelihood this one goes belly-up, imo. And half-assed leagues that go belly-up in a short time could damage those markets from being interested if a league with a good foundation comes knocking on the door later.

Not much else to do down there I guess besides watch this league. You're right that if they didn't try to put the league together at the last minute then it could actually be a pretty good league. I'm not sure what he's getting at with the owner's name comment or me being a junior hockey hater? I kind of feel bad for him now after that little outburst. It's like he's a kid who doesn't know what he's saying. It would explain a lot of his earlier comments.

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
If you dig deeper this isn't the Bill Davidson you think it is.

Regardless this pisses me off because we haven't had hockey here in years and I can't understand why you want it to fail. Its a free to play league so the kids aren't being ripped off like so many other leagues.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
If you dig deeper this isn't the Bill Davidson you think it is.

Regardless this pisses me off because we haven't had hockey here in years and I can't understand why you want it to fail. Its a free to play league so the kids aren't being ripped off like so many other leagues.

I’m sorry if it’s not him. There was/is a Bill Davidson trying to start a free to play league called the C1HL and it failed two years in a row and this league was announced after the second time died. Trying to start a league in a couple of months with an alphabet soup name like the USACHL and a Microsoft Paint logo seems like something he would do.

I can’t speak for everyone else, but I don’t WANT free to play junior hockey in those locations to fail. I don’t want people who invest money, time, or resources on junior hockey, especially in non-traditional areas like southern USA, to not succeed. I love that 3,000 people pack it each night in Shreveport and Corpus Christi since they bring that hockey and do it well.

When it’s not done well I want it to fail, or to at least change. Whether it’s a team in the NA3HL, USPHL, all the way up to the USHL, there needs to be standards and the USACHL hasn’t any, hold for Rio Grande in their opening week. Obviously I don’t expect a team in the EHL to have everything the Omaha Lancers have.

But, the USACHL, so far, hasn’t met standards that should be held for Tier II/III juniors in my eyes. The amateur name and logo screams that it was hastily made. They had to create a team out of thin air to bring the league up to 4 shortly before puck drop after earlier advertising six. Another sign the league isn’t prepared. Not enough kids on the roster would get a team suspended from any other junior league because it puts kids at risk for injury. The website, level of play, and so on falls well short of what should be expected from Tier II/III junior hockey. And whether that team is in New York or Texas, I want that team to meet those standards by either changing or not existing.

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
Points t
I’m sorry if it’s not him. There was/is a Bill Davidson trying to start a free to play league called the C1HL and it failed two years in a row and this league was announced after the second time died. Trying to start a league in a couple of months with an alphabet soup name like the USACHL and a Microsoft Paint logo seems like something he would do.

I can’t speak for everyone else, but I don’t WANT free to play junior hockey in those locations to fail. I don’t want people who invest money, time, or resources on junior hockey, especially in non-traditional areas like southern USA, to not succeed. I love that 3,000 people pack it each night in Shreveport and Corpus Christi since they bring that hockey and do it well.

When it’s not done well I want it to fail, or to at least change. Whether it’s a team in the NA3HL, USPHL, all the way up to the USHL, there needs to be standards and the USACHL hasn’t any, hold for Rio Grande in their opening week. Obviously I don’t expect a team in the EHL to have everything the Omaha Lancers have.

But, the USACHL, so far, hasn’t met standards that should be held for Tier II/III juniors in my eyes. The amateur name and logo screams that it was hastily made. They had to create a team out of thin air to bring the league up to 4 shortly before puck drop after earlier advertising six. Another sign the league isn’t prepared. Not enough kids on the roster would get a team suspended from any other junior league because it puts kids at risk for injury. The website, level of play, and so on falls well short of what should be expected from Tier II/III junior hockey. And whether that team is in New York or Texas, I want that team to meet those standards by either changing or not existing.

Points taken. I'm defensive because it's my team and my league now that's basically a part of your attacks. I don't want it to go away, hockey was a totally foreign sport to me until I got a free ticket and within one minute when I walked up those stairs and saw players with names I could never prounounce smashing into the glass 5 feet away from me it I was instantly hooked....every other sport the players are basically 100 feet away and you can hardly see their expressions or hear what they are saying to each other...this is a totally unique sport I've come to love. I nearly went into depression when the chl bees left.

I'm sure we all share these feelings. And God the talent level of those in the NHL is friggin amazing.

Yea I got drunk and my bad side came out. I'm passionate about my hockey, you understand, nevertheless. I apologize.

Peace out. Where's my aspirin....

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
were can i find team rosters?

Rome wasn't built in a day, be patient.

The league is very new and going through growing pains and basically anything that can go wrong has gone wrong to these poor guys....

This weekend witicha falls traveled 10 hours down here and there was an ice problem at the lawmens barn so it was moved to the bees state farm arena, where a water line break occurred and they had to cancel both games and go back without playing. Today there was an 11am bees kids game that has been pushed to tomorrow, probably for the same reason although there's a rumor saying it was because of election day which makes no sense whatsoever in my mind. Kids can't vote.

Team rosters can't be found yet and on opening weekend all teams only had about a dozen players, again it's new but they have been adding players everyday so give it time...be sure to pass that on to fellow haters...

meanwhile the boys are enjoying themselves roasting in the sun chasing babes in scantily clad bikinis on padre island condos while chugging gatoraide...

Here's proof...

One other problem that the haters will rejoice on is that might be coming is witicha falls who made the 10 hour worthless trip got hammered by a total of 12-2 opening weekend so I doubt those kids are happy.

My guess is the owners who all teams are owned by will be moving talent around to make this more league more competitive.

In the meantime the league is bent over with the pants down so be sure to rip it a new one. Laters from the warm sunny Rio Grande valley!!!

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
These young men are the stars of the community and being treated like kings...word has it the rosters are almost full with more and more bolting away from those high priced girlie powder puff leagues to play and fight like the big boys in the NHL!!

You mean the junior leagues that actually produce college scholarship opportunities, NHL scouting, and true advancement opportunities?

It's one thing to get a start-up junior league off the ground but the next big step/big test for the league is to actually showcase players. Leagues that don't will always become (current) last resort or (at best) feeders for leagues that are legitimate paths to college hockey and pro hockey; many other leagues that haven't done well haven't lived long.

As already talked about, the league's geography already makes it challenging since it's far from college hockey hotbeds and most of the scouting travel circles. Solid fan support is only one driving factor to success in junior hockey. The USACHL needs to fix the following asap to attract a stable prospect pool and grow the level of play: poor stats and team coverage on websites, crappy video feeds where scouts can't even read numbers, low to no scout attendance, no showcase event.

Reactions: Captain Crash

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
I went to both games in Wichita Falls. For both games the games started about an our rate, supposition the refs were late. 2 man system Saturday (no orange was in their jerseys), 3 man ref system Sunday (1 ref 2 linesman). Weird the same refs wouldn’t do both games

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
You mean the junior leagues that actually produce college scholarship opportunities, NHL scouting, and true advancement opportunities?

It's one thing to get a start-up junior league off the ground but the next big step/big test for the league is to actually showcase players. Leagues that don't will always become (current) last resort or (at best) feeders for leagues that are legitimate paths to college hockey and pro hockey; many other leagues that haven't done well haven't lived long.

As already talked about, the league's geography already makes it challenging since it's far from college hockey hotbeds and most of the scouting travel circles. Solid fan support is only one driving factor to success in junior hockey. The USACHL needs to fix the following asap to attract a stable prospect pool and grow the level of play: poor stats and team coverage on websites, crappy video feeds where scouts can't even read numbers, low to no scout attendance, no showcase event.

Heh. That's your best shot?

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
DEAD

All of the teams' Twitter accounts were completely blankd out today... No profile pics, now titled "Jr. Hockey" and all the previous tweets deleted. The main league account logo removed and titled "Jr. Hockey" with a note posted this evening says that there will be no further updates.

Jr. Hockey (@USACHL) | Twitter

Jr. Hockey (@RGVBees) | Twitter

Attachments

• usachldead.jpg
    usachldead.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 9

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
Now the Usachl Twitter is back up. Maybe they were th victim of a hack? Or a disgruntled employee? No idea what is going on.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Hearing staff from teams are having checks bounce at the bank, or not receiving them at all.

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
Looks like more gyrations on Twitter. The USACHL Twitter seems to have been changed and a new person has taken the USACHL twitter address.

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
Just a small Twitter hiccup. Teams are back in action Fri sat and Sunday, no checks have bounced.

But keep trying....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->