USA WJC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Schwartz

Dec 11, 2004
Wisconsin
www.buckyhockey.com
Sanguinetti was an obvious.

But Lawson and Zimmerman and McBain over better players such as Summers and Sauer is just boneheaded, to me. Unless they plan on playing Summers as a forward. But then you still leave off the 4th best defenseman out of all those guys in Sauer.

I don't get the USA brass at all.

****ing Pejorative Slured.
McBain is the 5th best d-man behind lee, ej, jj, and chorney, but i'm not sold on zimmerman or lawson.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
McBain has been OK for Wisconsin. Hardly tremendous. And I do realize that Summers hasn't been a world beater, but he was fantastic internationally last year with the U18s and has much more versatility than McBain does. Can be used as a forward or a defenseman (and I wouldn't rule out USA picking him as a forward).

Sauer, though, would've been the 4th best d-man on the team -- behind EJ, JJ, and Lee.

Ridiculous. I objected to him not being on the team last year and chalked it up to him being an 18 year old WHLer. This year he's 19, still eligable, and has been absolutely STELLAR in the WHL so far.

Pejorative Slured.

X-SHARKIE

McBain has been OK for Wisconsin. Hardly tremendous. And I do realize that Summers hasn't been a world beater, but he was fantastic internationally last year with the U18s and has much more versatility than McBain does. Can be used as a forward or a defenseman (and I wouldn't rule out USA picking him as a forward).

Sauer, though, would've been the 4th best d-man on the team -- behind EJ, JJ, and Lee.

Ridiculous. I objected to him not being on the team last year and chalked it up to him being an 18 year old WHLer. This year he's 19, still eligable, and has been absolutely STELLAR in the WHL so far.

Pejorative Slured.

Summers gets the nod in terms of skating, as his pace is phenomenal... however, puck movement, and defensive zone coverage, McBain has been much stronger this season and was great at the U-18's in the spring.. Not a touch decision to make IMO.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Summers gets the nod in terms of skating, as his pace is phenomenal... however, puck movement, and defensive zone coverage, McBain has been much stronger this season and was great at the U-18's in the spring.. Not a touch decision to make IMO.

The versatility, leadership, nasty streak, and other factors would clearly give Summers the nod in my opinion. Two completely different players and two preferences at work with our opinions.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Abdelkader
Carman
Fraser
Geoffrion
Gerbe
Skille
Stoa
Sweatt
Van Riemsdyk
Kane
Lewis
Mueller
Okposo

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
Wow.

No Bobby Ryan?

What the **** is wrong with this.

I have a hard, hard, HARD time supporting this team right now.

cant agree with you more, hes been on a tear latley

they must have something against the kid, he is much better then some of them forwards listed

Last edited:

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
Summers gets the nod in terms of skating, as his pace is phenomenal...

There's another Wolverine I'm surprised didn't get mentioned...defenseman Mark Mitera. He was on the team last year. I figured his name would pop up before talk of Summers. Chris struggled a little early on and he hasn't done anything to "wow" anyone yet.

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
I am not a fan of Nate Gerbe, at all. At last years tournament he was horrible and cost TJ Oshie about 5 assists because he couldn't finish the chances. I will root for him however because he made the team, but I think they could've done much better than him.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
I can fully understand why Bobby Ryan isn't there... the tournament this year is on Olympic sized ice. Ryan is one of the worst skaters in the entire OHL. Tons and tons of talent. But just cant skate. Skating and speed will be huge this time around. I'm still surprised there only three guys out of the CHL. Guys everyone's dissappointed every year about a few guys.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I can fully understand why Bobby Ryan isn't there... the tournament this year is on Olympic sized ice. Ryan is one of the worst skaters in the entire OHL. Tons and tons of talent. But just cant skate. Skating and speed will be huge this time around. I'm still surprised there only three guys out of the CHL. Guys everyone's dissappointed every year about a few guys.

Look. Everyone is usually disappointed by a few bottom liners who might've made an impact. Not your best damn forward (you could argue he is that along with Okposo) being left off the team for a couple of bottom level players.

This is absolutely outrageous.

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
Can someone fill me in on Zimmerman please. He wasn't even listed on the roster for the summer evaluation camp, but made the team anyway ahead of Sauer, Mitera, Strait, Summers, and Ratchuk. I guess if the coach uses the D like last year the 5th and 6th d-men won't see the ice anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->