Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
ROFL LMAO THX 4 DA INCITE SMART GUY

what is this? he points out something that's obvious to all but the occasional pens fan and you go into obnoxious-defensive mode? take it down a notch, seriously. sneep is a decent prospect and all, but if he made this team, something shifty went down to see to it.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
what is this? he points out something that's obvious to all but the occasional pens fan and you go into obnoxious-defensive mode? take it down a notch, seriously. sneep is a decent prospect and all, but if he made this team, something shifty went down to see to it.

That's my response to his utterly useless and unecessary snarky post. Pay a little bit more attention, I don't mind that anyone disagrees with me, but comments like "I guess we should be thankful your not picking the team" add nothing to the discussion and are no less obnoxious than my response to it. The original poster had Strait in his WJC defensive corps. Sneep is better than Strait. If you don't think either should make the WJC team, fine, but there's no way Strait is a better player than Sneep.

Last edited:

Barriecoltsfan1

Dec 1, 2006
Bad line up?
i think valdimir nikiforov should be on this roster.they could use him on the power play and on the big ice in sweeden.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The first post after your original question provided the answer.
Earlier in the thread there was some discussion on age limit and what the cut off was for the WJC. The post after mine wasn't quoted so I didn't know he was answering me directly, I figured he was posting in regards to the earlier discussion. Since I thought Wheeler was still under 20 I didn't think anything about it. Yes I know, an oversite on my part.

Randall Graves*

According to Bob McKenzie Bobby Ryan is on the bubble...why I don't know, can only assume politics since he's been ripping it up the last few weeks..

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
That's my response to his utterly useless and unecessary snarky post. Pay a little bit more attention, I don't mind that anyone disagrees with me, but comments like "I guess we should be thankful your not picking the team" add nothing to the discussion and are no less obnoxious than my response to it. The original poster had Strait in his WJC defensive corps. Sneep is better than Strait. If you don't think either should make the WJC team, fine, but there's no way Strait is a better player than Sneep.
That is just one mans opinion. IMO Sneep may have more potential but right now Strait is a better player. Only time will tell if either makes it to the NHL. There is a big match up this weekend if you want to see them go head to head. I`m sure the Pens brass will be their in full force.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
That is just one mans opinion. IMO Sneep may have more potential but right now Strait is a better player. Only time will tell if either makes it to the NHL. There is a big match up this weekend if you want to see them go head to head. I`m sure the Pens brass will be their in full force.

Anything posted here is just one man's opinion, obviously. I like Sneep more than Strait, my opinion. You disagree, your opinion. I've seen them both play and while Strait does all the little things well, he doesn't excite me that much.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
You wonuldn't have a slight bias for Strait now would you bigd??

Don't worry I won't give you away.;)

I am bias but as with any 18 year old recruit they both have a long way to go before either one dons a Pens uniform. There have been many great College Defensemen who were great players that have not had much of an NHL impact. One BC Hobey Baker winner comes to mind!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
According to Bob McKenzie Bobby Ryan is on the bubble...why I don't know, can only assume politics since he's been ripping it up the last few weeks..

I don't think "politics" is the issue with Ryan, as McKenzie rightly points out in this column. There are a lot of factors that could make Ryan's exclusion pretty understandable. I still think he'll be there when it's all said and done, but don't be surprised if he isn't.

espo*

I'm surprised i have'nt yet heard anything regarding Kessel's status yet.usually we start to hear rumors through TSN what the story is concerning a key player like that but nary a peep yet.

I think their team is announced pretty soon so we should have heard some rumors by now.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm very interested in seeing who the two goaltenders will be. I wonder if John Murray from the Kitchener Rangers is even under consideration? He's having a great year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm very interested in seeing who the two goaltenders will be. I wonder if John Murray from the Kitchener Rangers is even under consideration? He's having a great year.

Jeff Frazee is a lock being that he was on the team last year.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
No Kessel For USA

TSN is reporting the Bruins wont release Kessel for the WJC's. No surprise but this is the first its been reported.

Link

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Also, for those that were asking, according to that article above, the article will be announced tonight on Versus, during their broadcasted game I assume.

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
TSN is reporting the Bruins wont release Kessel for the WJC's. No surprise but this is the first its been reported.

Link

Not too suprising is right. Bruin fans would not be happy if they lost even one game due to Kessel's departure. I'm sure most don't even know what a WJC is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->