USA WJC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Hard to believe Sneep won't make it? It's an extreamly tough year to make it as a defenseman. I think LaPoint's performance in the USHL this season has been more impressive then Sneep's year so far.

And what has Gergen done this season?

And Sneep is extremely talented. That's mainly why I'd be a bit surprised if he's not on the team.

Gergen hasn't done much, I just said that he has a chance.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
And Sneep is extremely talented. That's mainly why I'd be a bit surprised if he's not on the team.

Gergen hasn't done much, I just said that he has a chance.

Who would he displace? E. Johnson, J. Johnson, Lee, Mitera, Chorney, and McBain are virtual locks. That leaves one or two spots, and I just can't see a player like Sneep making it ahead of a guy like Mike Sauer much less the USNTDP alumni (like a Chris Summers).

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
My question is this guys...

With Ron Ralston serving as head coach for this year's team, how much NTDP bias will there be in the selection process?

Lots, which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see guys like Kyle Lawson, Jimmy Fraser, Jason Lawrence, etc on the squad.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Hmm if versus is announcing it does this mean we may see some games on that channel or will it be CI?

if you search these boards there is a thread were you can get an online feed after downloading a few things. that might be my best bet, although if versus is carrying the games, or maybe espnu or another network that would be great.

has anyone heard if james van reimsdyk is being seriously considered for this team by usa hockey brass? i really think he has the talent to be there, and it would be great experience. i think he would have an impact like kessel, mueller, e johnson as an underager. he would have much more of an impact then brian lee did.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
if you search these boards there is a thread were you can get an online feed after downloading a few things. that might be my best bet, although if versus is carrying the games, or maybe espnu or another network that would be great.

has anyone heard if james van reimsdyk is being seriously considered for this team by usa hockey brass? i really think he has the talent to be there, and it would be great experience. i think he would have an impact like kessel, mueller, e johnson as an underager. he would have much more of an impact then brian lee did.

I haven't heard anything, but I would think he would get serious consideration. Ideally, here's who I have as pretty sure bets at forward:

Phil Kessel (the chances of him being released to play has gone up IMO)
Bobby Ryan
Nate Gerbe
Jack Skille
Peter Mueller
Kyle Okposo
Pat Kane
Nick Foligno
Trevor Lewis

That leaves three or four roster spots open at forward. Van Riemsdyk could very well occupy the "13th forward" spot. It depends on how many "favorites" Ron Rolston brings along.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I read on TSN that Team USA is announcing their team on tuesday, why so early? Do they practice together and head out after that so soon or something?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Just curious, why is no one mentioning Blake Wheeler? He currently leads the Gophers in points (actually he's tied with Hirsch) and shooting percentage, plus he seems to be pretty solid even strength with only 3 of his 18 points coming on the power play. I admit my WJC knowledge is lacking to say the least but it seems odd to me that he's not really being mentioned at all.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I read on TSN that Team USA is announcing their team on tuesday, why so early? Do they practice together and head out after that so soon or something?

The U.S. holds it's evaluation camp during the summer (in August at Lake Placid). At this point the brass has as good an idea as any who it wants on the squad. The only issue will be if anyone who wasn't at the camp is being considered for the squad.

WesternCollegeHockey

Jul 13, 2006

Sneep is talented, but a lot of where we was drafted was based on potential, and it's still going to take a couple years of development for him to reach that potential. He's really struggled at BC this year to adjust to the speed of the college game.

I don't see the US defense being as great as everyone thinks. I'm really not impressed with either Chorney or Mitera this year, and I'm not thrilled with any of the options for a 6th defenseman. I think it's going to end up looking like the past two years where the US only had 2 or 3 defenseman they could really count on.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Who would he displace? E. Johnson, J. Johnson, Lee, Mitera, Chorney, and McBain are virtual locks. That leaves one or two spots, and I just can't see a player like Sneep making it ahead of a guy like Mike Sauer much less the USNTDP alumni (like a Chris Summers).

The first guy to post what he thought the roster would be had Strait on the team. I'd take Sneep over Strait any day of the week.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Just curious, why is no one mentioning Blake Wheeler? He currently leads the Gophers in points (actually he's tied with Hirsch) and shooting percentage, plus he seems to be pretty solid even strength with only 3 of his 18 points coming on the power play. I admit my WJC knowledge is lacking to say the least but it seems odd to me that he's not really being mentioned at all.
Anyone have an answer?

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
The first guy to post what he thought the roster would be had Strait on the team. I'd take Sneep over Strait any day of the week.
I guess we should be thankfull your not picking the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->