USA wjc evaluation camp starts tomorrow

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
CSTV'S Elliot Olshansky started blogging yesterday from Lake Placid.He will blog again today from the final two games of camp

http://slog.cstv.com/rinkrat/

There are several more reports on his blog today including one on Team White's 7-1 win over Finland with Kane scoring his fourth goal in four games. Strait, Skille, Stoa, Ratchuk, Butcher and Rau had the other goals.

Olshansky also has report on cstv.com which examines where Kane and Kessel might call their home addresses for next season. http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-hockey/stories/081106aad.html

Kudos for the Rink Rat. Great work. :clap:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
But hen talking about an invisible man, where is Jesse Joensuu? I have not find any mentions about him in the raports and his name does not exist in the minutes. Has he been in the starting lineup at all or is he injured or something, because otherwise he is underachieving a big time compared to expectations.

I am not sure Finland sent there best team. I did get a quick look at sweden's roster and it didn't look like they sent all there best players, so i assume Finland the same not sending aalot of there top players.

Speaking of Islanders how is Okposo doing?

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
I am not sure Finland sent there best team. I did get a quick look at sweden's roster and it didn't look like they sent all there best players, so i assume Finland the same not sending aalot of there top players.

Speaking of Islanders how is Okposo doing?

Joensuu was chosen to the team, but Korkki just mentioned in Finland board that he was injured in the first game in his first shift, so that explains the numbers.

And yes - Finland did not send Perttu Lindgren, our best forward in this age group to the tournament, because he just came back from Stars prospect camp, is in the army at the moment, plays practise games with Ilves and will enter the Stars training camp in couple of weeks - so this is pretty much enough workload to handle for one youngster.

Altough quite many other players in Team Finland just entered the military service in July as well and the recruit period has complicated participation in practises, I was still expecting much better performance from the team.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I noticed Kyle Lawson had a very good camp pointswise. Although the competion at defense will be fierce, he might get the nod, especially as it was pointed out he's a favorite of Ron Rolston.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
What about Jack Skille?

i heard he looked awesome. i havent heard many other details. i read a blog from rink rat, and the author gave some insight on college players. aparently pat kane looked incredible, and his 3 suitors were pulling all kinds of strings to get him, he looks like a shoo-in for the team. he thought jeff zatkoff was the best goalie there followed by palmer and bennett. i heard sauer looked good too from another source. hopefully someone that was there liek bigd can give us some info, or maybe ushr will post something this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad