USA wjc evaluation camp starts tomorrow

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Is anyone going to be there? Im hoping usahockey.com has clips of the goal highlights again. who does everyone think will have a good camp? who will surprise? who will be overmatched?

A few players that will surprise:

Jeff Zatkoff
Carl Sneep
Rhett Rakhshani
Chad Rau

A few players who will be overmatched:

Tim Filangieri
Matt Butcher
Jim Fraser

All in all, this should be the most impressive array of talent the U.S. has been able to gather at the eval camp.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
as far as i know the roster hasnt changed. i was hoping sanguinetti and maybe a top 89 would some how sneek in there, but that doesnt look to be the case. i really want to see how pat kane plays at this camp. id also like to see what sneep, fischer and sweatt do bc i think they are on the bubble and a strong camp could help them out.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Any thoughts on what Taylor Chorney's role will be this year? Any chance he gets to play on one of the two top pairings for the Americans?

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
He was basically benched for the U18 games. Why would he be invited to this?
Everyone sees the hype on the boards, therefore they think he must be invited because he's a "top prospect."

Anyways, I don't think Butcher is going to get outshined like you think he is, he's quite the respectable player.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
A couple of changes with the roster. It doesn't look like either Johnson will attend. Sean Zimmerman and Mike Ratchuk have taken their place.

Last edited:

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Hopefully Zimmerman can impress at this camp. Hes a very steady D man, who you dont notice for all the right reasons. Itd be nice to see him make the team in what is likely his last year of junior, seeing as he signed with NJ.

Bam Beet*

A couple of changes with the roster. I doesn't look like either Johnson will attend. Sean Zimmerman and Mike Ratchuk have taken their place.

Why aren't either Johnsons attending? Jack will probably make Carolina but Erik said he is still playing in college. Also is Nigel Williams on the roster?

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Johnsons are pretty much on the team, probably have camps or stuff like that. This is for others to shine.

Williams is not there.

Chuck Schwartz

Dec 11, 2004
Wisconsin
www.buckyhockey.com
Nate Gerbe-Phil Kessel-Kyle Okposo
Bobby Ryan-Peter Mueller-Jack Skille
Nick Foligno-Pat Kane-Bill Sweatt
Ryan Stoa-Mike Carman-Chad Rau
Mike Forney

Erik Johnson-Jack Johnson
Brian Lee-Taylor Chorney
Mark Mitera-Brian Strait
Jamie McBain

Jeff Zatkoff
Jeff Frazee

Jori

I wish the US site would give us updates from the start of camp. Schedule maybe...anything?

I was wondering about that myself. Here is a schedule of the games:

2006 National Junior Eval. Camp
Game Schedule

Aug. 8
USA Blue vs. Finland
USA White vs. Sweden

Aug. 9
USA White vs. Sweden
USA Blue vs. Finland

Aug. 11
USA White vs. Sweden
USA Blue vs. Finland

Aug. 12
USA White vs. Finland
USA Blue vs. Sweden

* All games played at 4 and 7 p.m. EDT at Herb Brooks Arena

I wonder if there will be some kind of broadcast provided through the USA Hockey website :dunno:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think the U-18 tournament and the depth of the US blueline have a lot to do with it. Maybe he'll get consideration for next year depending on how he performs at Wisconsin this upcoming season.

The U-18 tourny was the nail in the coffin for any chance he had at the U-20s.

He has an absolute ton to prove and I hope he can prove me and everyone wrong. I'm not holding my breath, though.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
who is going to make up those Sweden and Finland teams the US is going to face?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad