USA WC Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
Here is an article by Kevin Allen of USA Today describing the possibilities for Team USA should NHL players not be available. Honestly, I'll be disappointed if NHL players are not permitted to play in these Olympic games, but that disappointment will turn to joy once the puck is dropped. I love Olympic hockey, regardless of the personnel. One of the best hockey (NHL or International) games I've ever seen was the Canada-Sweden gold medal match in Lillehammer 1994. There were no NHLers there but it still made for fantastic hockey. That game showcased future stars like Peter Forsberg and Paul Kariya, so its possible these Olympics will give youngsters like Kessel and Jack Johnson the opportunity to shine with the entire hockey loving world watching.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
CDeeps said:
Well Malone suffered a broken jaw in the Finnish League, which is a shame because he would've been a lock for Team USA. At least he's a fixture in their future plans.

I know Arnason has dual-citizenship, but I don't think he even considers himself American. He grew up in Winnipeg.

On his roster bio it says he's from Oklahoma City, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->