USA VS. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

masked man

Nov 29, 2003
Kessel

Kessel is the leading goal scorer from the past u-18 world championships out sniping number 2 pick malkin i know its just one tournament and that doesn't make kessel any better than malkin but you seriously have to think how the hell can i compare kessel to anyone his age and by that i mean crosby is older/ elegible 05 draft and kessel is an 06 draft also out of any ntdp player kessel scored more points than any other with 82 in 50 some games playing colleges the second half of the season so thats my argument if you can fend off that one he might have a chance. Alexander Vasynov :help: :joker: :joker:

Last edited:

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Rabid Ranger said:
How is it "no contest"? Are you telling me a few (meaning around three to four) forwards and forward prospects seals the deal? Slippery slope IMO.

well when you are talking at least 4 players that are head and shoulders above anything the US has produced such as Kovalchuk Zherdev Malkin Ovechkin then it pretty well does seal the deal.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
well when you are talking at least 4 players that are head and shoulders above anything the US has produced such as Kovalchuk Zherdev Malkin Ovechkin then it pretty well does seal the deal.

Not really. It just means they'll have one hell of a line for the U.S.'s top defensive and checking units to try shutting down. If the U.S. had just one player like a Kovalchuk, Zherdev, etc, I think that'd be enough to put them on top. Right now I think it is closer. You can look at a list of prospects and say Russia looks better but if you were to make an actual team, the U.S. could certainly give Russia trouble.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Rob Paxon said:
Not really. It just means they'll have one hell of a line for the U.S.'s top defensive and checking units to try shutting down. If the U.S. had just one player like a Kovalchuk, Zherdev, etc, I think that'd be enough to put them on top. Right now I think it is closer. You can look at a list of prospects and say Russia looks better but if you were to make an actual team, the U.S. could certainly give Russia trouble.

If we are talking about making actual teams then I will take Finland over either of them, but I still wouldn't say Finland's prospects are the best as a group.

Safir*

Slick Nick said:
Defence: Volchenkov, Bykov, Tyutin, Babchuk, Anikeenko, Lyamin, Kozmatchev Grebeshkov, Korneev, Kondratiev, Grot, Ezhov...
+ Kirill Koltsov (D, Canucks)
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad