USA vs GERMANY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
i was at the game and yes, after 2 periods (I left after that) it was 3:3. US scored first and later I believe in the span of 3 minutes Germany made it 1:3. They pulled Montoya from the game in favor of Schenider (sp?) and US scored two after that.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I know it's only exhibition, but any need to question who will be the US #1 goalie? I'm expecting Montoya will be the starter, but do you think he will be on a short leash if he struggles early in the Tourny? or do you think he'll be #1 no matter what?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Koltsov said:
I know it's only exhibition, but any need to question who will be the US #1 goalie? I'm expecting Montoya will be the starter, but do you think he will be on a short leash if he struggles early in the Tourny? or do you think he'll be #1 no matter what?

Montoya will have to totally implode in order to be pulled. Schneider is a good goaltender, and I have high hopes for him, but if he has to see any action in this tournament the U.S. is doomed.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
nomorekids said:
USA wins 5-3, don't know who scored the goals or the situations.

It's notable that the U.S. was down 3-1 in this game. Without having seen the game, I can't really comment on any particulars, but its a little disconcerting that we aren't blowing teams like UND and Germany out. It makes me wonder how the Russia game is going to go.... :eek:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Rabid Ranger said:
It's notable that the U.S. was down 3-1 in this game. Without having seen the game, I can't really comment on any particulars, but its a little disconcerting that we aren't blowing teams like UND and Germany out. It makes me wonder how the Russia game is going to go.... :eek:

it sounds to me like they came out expecting to cruise through this game and got jerked awake...in time to score 4 straight goals and win the game.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
nomorekids said:
it sounds to me like they came out expecting to cruise through this game and got jerked awake...in time to score 4 straight goals and win the game.
Germany played Czech Republic tough also....maybe they are stronger then many are given them credit for.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
JasonMacIsaac said:
Germany played Czech Republic tough also....maybe they are stronger then many are given them credit for.

Germany always seems to play teams tough, regardless of the level of competition. They don't have the skill level to run and gun, so they slow the game down and grind it out. I guess a positive is the U.S. was able to break through and score four straight. The Russia game will be more fluid I'm sure.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
nomorekids said:

That's the glass half-full approach....and I like it! :bow:

Last edited:

chicpea*

Rabid Ranger said:
It makes me wonder how the Russia game is going to go.... :eek:

I have no doubts that USA will pull it together and bring everything for that game.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
rushockey said:
i was at the game and yes, after 2 periods (I left after that) it was 3:3. US scored first and later I believe in the span of 3 minutes Germany made it 1:3. They pulled Montoya from the game in favor of Schenider (sp?) and US scored two after that.

I think this was brought up a few weeks back :dunno:

Is Montoya on his game or what? I mean, there is no way he loses the #1 job, but will he go on a MA Fleury rollercoaster from last year?

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Tore:
1 : 0 24:57 min. Suter (Stafford)
1 : 1 25:41 min. Kai Hospelt (Florian Busch) (Ueberzahl)
1 : 2 26:20 min. Steffen Toelzer (Marcus Kink)
1 : 3 26:47 min. Andre Reiss (Sachar Blank)
2 : 3 33:34 min. Schremp (Liken, Dowell)
3 : 3 37:54 min. Fritsche (Porter)
4 : 3 52:55 min. Fritsche (Hagemo)
5 : 3 55:51 min. Porter
6 : 3 59:25 min. Porter (Fritsche)

Shoots: 39 - 23
Penalties: 18 min. - 18 min.

http://www.hockeyweb.de/index.php?action=ART&aNr=9561

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
HabLover said:
I think this was brought up a few weeks back :dunno:

Is Montoya on his game or what? I mean, there is no way he loses the #1 job, but will he go on a MA Fleury rollercoaster from last year?

I don't think it's fair to question Montoya based on exhibition play. Let's see how he does against Russia.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
So the score was actually 6-3? Dan Fristche with another strong effort. He's going to leaned on heavily me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->