GDT: USA vs Czech (U18 Semis)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
It's all about saving the energy for the next game for both teams now. Hope we'll prepare for the bronze medal game the best we can.

I think that Czech will get the bronze. The rest advantage is huge for the bronze game. So Sweden will be 4th.

Reactions: Hemsky001

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Or the entire game being like this would work for you as well:

Oh age restricted. It's just some team brawls compilation.

I like both nations but yes.. something like that. I want to see 20 very sad 17 year olds tomorrow.haha

This would also be ideal:

Reactions: Mestaruus

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I like both nations but yes.. something like that. I want to see 20 very sad 17 year olds tomorrow.haha

This would also be ideal:

The atmospheric music is killing me lmao. I've never seen that vid. Oh I've seen that brawl before but not this version of the vid.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's all about saving the energy for the next game for both teams now. Hope we'll prepare for the bronze medal game the best we can.
Bronze would be HUGE for us.. we'll be ready! No injuries in third.. maybe US let up and we score a few for confidence. I can't imagine we are even upset by tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Hemsky001

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Bronze would be HUGE for us.. we'll be ready! No injuries in third.. maybe US let up and we score a few for confidence. I can't imagine we are even upset by tomorrow morning.

I'll definitely root for Czechs over Sweden in that game ;).

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Looking up the 2018 team that got smoked and then took out Canada in quarters.

Some decent pieces in Has, Dostal, Blumel, Lauko, Jenik and Zabransky.

I think this team is better and has more potential NHL talent but it'll be curious how it ages.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice rush by Bares.. surprised no call but I've liked Bares. Not even talked about for draft.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Pure US dominance.. no complaints. Reffing was fine... nothing questionable. Just a good old fashion whipping. Just like last time.. US needs 10 minutes to beat us. I think we actually played well for most of it.. but US is unreal. Good luck to whoever faces them!

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Pure US dominance.. no complaints. Reffing was fine... nothing questionable. Just a good old fashion whipping. Just like last time.. US needs 10 minutes to beat us. I think we actually played well for most of it.. but US is unreal. Good luck to whoever faces them!

The usual complaint for me would be the USDP system. No other team needs to have their team play together for that many games creating an unfair advantage. Maybe Belarus did that as well but it's not one of the very top countries. At the same time it generates some talent under good coaching so that's why it's understandable that USA does that. Auston Matthews etc came from that system, but creating an unfair advantage for junior tournaments that way is same as putting male swimmers swimming in women's swimming competitions.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The usual complaint for me would be the USDP system. No other team needs to have their team play together for that many games creating an unfair advantage. Maybe Belarus did that as well but it's not one of the very top countries. At the same time it generates some talent under good coaching so that's why it's understandable that USA does that. Auston Matthews etc came from that system, but creating an unfair advantage for junior tournaments that way is same as putting male swimmers swimming in women's swimming competitions.
If I'm being honest, it doesn't bother me at all. Good for them for finding a great system that works for them. It gets them a lot of first round picks and builds their program. Maybe more countries should adapt the mentality. Eg. in communism that was pro's vs amateurs.. that was unfair. This is just them coming up with a good program. I would not be upset if Czechs adapted this and were able to keep our players at home vs going to Finland, Sweden and Canada.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

You overestimate the USNTDP and frankly your comparison to transgender issues in sports is laughable.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well it's a tradeoff. USA's top talent gains an advantage but the depth suffers, because the hundreds of other prospects who might be late bloomers are not receiving similar training. In comparison, CHL for example trains players much more evenly.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You are comparing putting together a team of top talent in ones country, which EVERY country can do mind you, to a biological advantage of males competing in women's sports??

I am not following that at all.

Some years this team is loaded, others not so much. We have left off a ton of talent playing in the CHL or USHL over the years because they didn't play for the USNDP.....

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Same as male swimmers swimming against female swimmers? You lost all credibility right there. Complete nonsense

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So we have this clear, you think a biological advantage is comparable to a cohesion advantage?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
So we have this clear, you think a biological advantage is comparable to a cohesion advantage?

It's an extreme comparison yes. Okay let's say that one team is allowed to inject their entire team with steroids and other is not allowed. That's another comparison that is pretty extreme. It disgusts me to that point, but on the other hand it's good for USA because otherwise players like Kane and Matthews wouldn't be as magical as they are. So at the same time I like it but in tournaments, especially U18 I can't ever cheer for USA's win against any team.

I like USA btw as a nation and so on but that system is not right when it comes to tournaments.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's an extreme comparison yes. Okay let's say that one team is allowed to inject their entire team with steroids and other is not allowed. That's another comparison that is pretty extreme. It disgusts me to that point, but on the other hand it's good for USA because otherwise players like Kane and Matthews wouldn't be as magical as they are. So at the same time I like it but in tournaments, especially U18 I can't ever cheer for USA's win against any team.

I like USA btw as a nation and so on but that system is not right when it comes to tournaments.
I think it’s disgusting that men can claim to be women and compete in women’s athletics. I didn’t take the comparison as one that’s anti-USA. I think the comparison is simply not a good one.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
That's a dumb comparison. The reason women have their own categories is not that they psychologically feel they're women and don't want to compete with people who psychologically feel they're men - it's because they can't compete biologically, so such categories should be based on biological considerations. If it was mixed, men would dominate all sports - that's the reason there is women's sports in the first place. Introduce man -> woman transgender athletes and these women now can't compete in their own category either, so they have nowhere where they can compete on equal ground.

It's in no way comparable to what is merely a superior training system. USA puts significant funding into their system, and other countries are free to fund their own systems as well.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I think it’s disgusting that men can claim to be women and compete in women’s athletics. I didn’t take the comparison as one that’s anti-USA. I think the comparison is simply not a good one.

Could be that it was too extreme comparison. Not all Finnish people think about it as I do I'm sure, but it would be hard to imagine that a lot of people who follow hockey don't see something wrong with that system when it comes to tournaments. For individual development it's great and I support it but it just ruins these tournaments competition wise. Canada doesn't do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I just think it's not honorable and a sports super power like USA doesn't need go so low. Canada doesn't do it. Again for the individual development of players it's great but it does ruin these tournaments. Hockey itself is a small sport compared to basketball and soccer for example and so on so do we need to ruin these tournaments in the name of sport. A smaller sport like hockey needs to catch up to those other sports instead of making these tournaments less significant.

It's like I have to consider Sweden who probably loses tomorrow the actual gold medalist or Czech who got eliminated by USA. That's kind of why I made my extreme comparison to females vs men because the same happened there. The silver medalist swimmer who was an actual female was the real winner for me over the person who was born male biologically with men's bone structure and so on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad