WJC: USA : Update Thread

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Figured with all the injuries and crap going on, we can have a single thread that updates us on the status of injuries and just general news as well.

we havent heard much about any of the injuries here, though it does seem like Morin will be back soon. The Zucker injury is a farce, and I hope the kid is alright. Imagine if D'Amigo goes down as well with headaches and such from his cheapshot hit?? Could the US then get an emergency injury replacement if they have 10 or under forwards? I would like to think they should be able to bring in someone to help them (Saad and Grimaldi would be tops on that list), but not sure of the rules and too lazy to ask around here.

any and all US news is welcome here....

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Where did you hear that Morin may return? Because TSN and other sources have been saying the opposite.

The only injury replacements a team can get are goalies.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Where did you hear that Morin may return? Because TSN and other sources have been saying the opposite.

During last night's game on NHLN, they said (speculated) that both Morin and Nelson are day-to-day and expected to return to the tournament by USA Officials. I think it was Palmieri that said after the game they expect both to practice today. Hard to separate wishful thinking from fact until it actually happens though.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

it is speculated that Morin will be back soon, it has been said many times yesterday around the rink as well as today. We saw Morin last night as well at the hotel, kid seemed alright and looked as if he may be ready to go for the medal round. Outside of that I have no other info, and havent watched the NHLN...thats why I made this thread, to gather info and links.

I am not sure about Nelson, but obviously Morin is the bigger fish to get back. Now with Zucker in doubt, and D'Amigo with some cobwebbs going on, this team could really find itself in trouble bodies wise. I cant believe you cant get a single replacement if you are 4 forwards under what is needed; that just seems insane to me.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hopefully the IIHF allows larger rosters for the 2011 tournament. This is an obvious flaw.

Even if it is an emergency situation list to be submitted at the time of final roster selection. Granted, I'm sure they never suspect a team to lose three (or more) players in two games.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Shame about Zucker, felled by that ridiculous cheap shot. He's been terrific.

If he makes it back, I'd swap him with Bourque. Ya, I know he's been playing with his college center, Shore, but I'd love to see what him and Bjugstad could do.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Even if it is an emergency situation list to be submitted at the time of final roster selection. Granted, I'm sure they never suspect a team to lose three (or more) players in two games.

That would do it.

This tournament is proof that it's not just injuries that can leave a team short-handed, but suspensions as well.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Morin and Nelson both practiced today but their status for tomorrow night's game is undetermined. Zucker did not practice today and is listed as "day-to-day" according to the Denver Post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad