Sideline

May 23, 2004
BobMckenzie said:
Czech lines:

Kvapil-Vrana-Olesz
Hluchy-Petruzalek-Kaspar
Kohler-Cervenka-Borovansky
Frolik-Krejci-Hrdel

I think Koutsky is getting the start over Schwarz.

For those who don't know yet: Petr Vrana is good. He's silky smooth with the puck and has a lot of heart despite being somewhat undersized. He's the best forward on the Czech outside Olesz IMHO.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
BobMckenzie said:
Czech lines:

Kvapil-Vrana-Olesz
Hluchy-Petruzalek-Kaspar
Frolik-Krejci-Hrdel

Kaspar has been been the strongest Czech player I feel. He is strong on the puck and is everything that was advertized at draft day. I don't really like his skating but he is creating things for the Czech team. The Czechs are much softer up front then I first thought.

dangle

Oct 19, 2004
BobMckenzie said:
According to the official line chart Team USA puts out on the day of the game, the lines for tonight are as follows:

Callahan-O'Sullivan-Stafford
Bourque-Fritsche-Porter
Dowell-Schremp-Kessel
Weller-Hensick-Brown
Pineault

That could be subject to change, but it looks like that's how they'll start. Sounds like Schneider gets the start.
Thanks Bob for the info, but I still don't get it. Bourque plays poorly, dropping him down a line bumps Kessell, who's been playing very well, down a line, which also bumps Pineault out of the lineup. I would have made Bourque the 13th forward tonight.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
dangle said:
Thanks Bob for the info, but I still don't get it. Bourque plays poorly, dropping him down a line bumps Kessell, who's been playing very well, down a line, which also bumps Pineault out of the lineup. I would have made Bourque the 13th forward tonight.

Bourque hasn't played poorly to justify that. He had a great first game, and not a BAD second game. Pineault hasn't done anything to keep his spot on the team. In fact, he's done just the opposite. The right move was made, and I hope Schremp and Kessel find some chemistry tonight.

espo*

They better switch em again. The defense pairings also while they are at it.

penkil2

Dec 5, 2003
MI
Visit site
nomorekids said:
Bourque hasn't played poorly to justify that. He had a great first game, and not a BAD second game. Pineault hasn't done anything to keep his spot on the team. In fact, he's done just the opposite. The right move was made, and I hope Schremp and Kessel find some chemistry tonight.

PINEAULT can't do anything when he is out there for a couple seconds here and there. Give him some serious ice time along with Schremp and you will see some good hockey. We had a a few seconds of it tonight in the 3rd period.
I seriously think the coach has a problem with players that play in Canada.
The other CHL players have proven themselves in this tournament in the past. Schremp and Pineault are the new guys and are getting little time.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Mxpunk said:
Levitate said:
he had a good first game (not great) and was invisible the other night...QUOTE]

Was Bourque even playing in the 2nd game? I didn't see him, and I figured they scratched him to rest him?? :dunno:
Rest him for what? When you are the go to guy, you get a rest in games of no consequence, however as the US learned the hard way last night, in short tourneys like this, every game counts! When you are a depth guy, as he never should have been given top line duty in the first place, you are sat because what you are bringing to the rink every night is not enough.

Vic Rattlehead*

BobMckenzie said:
Czech lines:

Kvapil-Vrana-Olesz
Hluchy-Petruzalek-Kaspar
Frolik-Krejci-Hrdel

Why is Krejci on the fourth line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->