usa switched up there lines i hear

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by AcesSuited88, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. AcesSuited88

AcesSuited88 Registered User

usa i think is going with a new lineup for next game

2. CantHaveTkachev

CantHaveTkachev call on me

was is it? more Schremp?? :handclap:

3. nomorekids

nomorekids The original, baby

Home Page:
    Belarus is the weakest opponent the Americans will play, so I expect some of the "on the bubble" guys like Lee and Schremp to get some serious icetime.

4. AcesSuited88

im kessel's cousin and i think they moved callahan up to first dropped bourque to 2nd and shremp and kessel are playing third together

5. Jacob

Jacob Registered User

Home Page:
    I'm Bruce Willis' nephew-in-law and I think they should keep Schremp in a limited duty.

6. AcesSuited88

thats cool if u dont believe me

7. nomorekids

Home Page:

:lol :lol

Here's to hoping that they found a loophole that will allow them to ship Likens out to sea and bring Johnson in :banghead:

8. Levitate

Levitate Registered User

that's what i thought about them playing the swiss, and they played so bad through 2 periods that they could have easily lost the game, didn't wake up (offensively at least...they never woke up defensively) until the goals started flying

that'd be cool, rewarding callahan for his hard work the other night. schremp and kessel could make a decent pair

9. markov`

markov` Registered User

Home Page:
    You are Kessel cousin.. boy.. how lucky are you!

10. nrf83

nrf83 Registered User

technology consulting
    I agree. Not to hijack thread, but anyone know why Johnson did not make team? I saw that an earlier thread was started, but it got very personal as opinions were raised. Did JJ have that bad a tryout? :dunno:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  11. MePutPuckInNet

MePutPuckInNet Registered User

Home Page:
    someone, i believe it was Rabid Ranger, commented in another thread that he thought the line of Bourque/O'Sullivan/Stafford had shown some good chemistry.

I am BAFFLED as to why you'd say that, when it couldn't be further from the truth. O'Sullivan and Stafford are a great tandem, for sure.....but they're both ready to rip their hair out over Bourque being used on that line. that boy can NOT pass the puck...and that's only the biggest complaint they have with him...certainly not the only one. If you haven't seen their frustration with him, I hope you rewind and watch again - getting him off that top line will create far more opportunity for the other 2...the only problem is, where else will Bourque fit in?

I think he'd make a really good duster, but that's just my personal opinion. God knows they can't use him on the checking line. So that leaves only 2 lines - either Fritsche-Kessel-Porter [which has been working the best, in my opinion]..or and God help us all.....Bourque/Schremp/??? and I can tell you right now for an absolute certainty without a doubt beyond any uncertainty whatsoever, there's no way in HELL that the Bourque/Schremp duo will work.... nuh-uh, no way :shakehead

12. Puckhead

Puckhead Registered User

Hollywood Stuntman
    What does Bourque do so well that he should be deserving of the top line anyway? Surely there are more deserving players on the team. No I am not getting on the put Schremp in discussion, but other than being quick, and showing some hussle, OH and of course being Ray's son, I have yet to be impressed with him!

13. Levitate

Levitate Registered User

he had a good first game (not great) and was invisible the other night...

i'm not impressed with his decisions with the puck really, so in general i think it's good to try another player on that top line. callahan doesn't have the outright skill but if he plays with o'sullivan and stafford, he'll probably do pretty good due to his hard work. i think he was paired with them in the exhibition games and did well, didn't he?

14. Chief

Chief Registered User

Bourque was already moved off the top line in favor of Callahan in the 3rd period against the Swiss. Schremp was also moved up. I wouldn't be surprised to see the revised lineup get the start tonight.

15. ceber

ceber Registered User

Testify. I started feeling sorry for O'Sullivan whenever Bourque threw the puck his way. O'Sullivan's making some very nice passes out there, and most of the time when the puck comes back to him it's in his feet, behind him, or just completely off the mark, often ruining a scoring chance.

16. Stefferdoos

Stefferdoos Registered User

Accountant
    Home Page:
    Gotta agree with the critisism of Bourque so far. Even in game 1 when he scored a goal, his work with the puck was really sloppy. Many times receiving passes from O'Sullivan rignt on the tape only to bobble it away; or losing control of a rebound at the net that could have been converted to an easy goal.

Actually I noticed a lot of sloppy puck handling by most of the US team. I coulsn't figure out where the "skill" was in most of that lineup (obviously some exclusions in that comment - Sully, Fritche, Schremp...)

Also, anyone notice how the commentators are falling all over themselves about him? I noticed thay game him credit for an assist on Stafford's 1st goal in game one. And then in game two were giving him credit for making plays (defensively) when he wasn't even on the ice (I should note - the player that made the plays - Schremp).

17. Mxpunk

Mxpunk Registered User

Lawyer

18. MePutPuckInNet

MePutPuckInNet Registered User

Home Page:
    scratched him so he could rest??? uhmm...no, not exactly. He got BENCHED in the 3rd period, after he let a Swiss player walk around him and score that last goal [ya know....the one many people are blaming Jeff Likens for?? yeah - that was all about Bourque...]

part of an article I already posted here

Winning goal buoys Schremp

By JIM CRESSMAN -- London Free Press
    GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- Rob Schremp was smiling again yesterday. A couple of days ago at the world junior hockey championship, the London Knights forward was down in the dumps.

An OHL-leading 26 goals hadn't been enough to earn him a spot on a regular line in the United States' first game of the tournament on Saturday against Russia.

But that changed during the third period on Monday night during a wild 6-4 victory over Switzerland that saw Schremp score the winning goal.

Chris Bourque, son of ex-NHLer Ray Bourque, was benched and Schremp was in.

Yesterday at practice, he was on a line and will be used in that situation tonight when the U.S. plays Belarus. ...

--------------------
    another comment I wanted to make is about the god awful ice surface at the Ralph. A lot of the players have been complaining about it. Especially Team USA. For a team that is built for speed and quick puck movement .... a lousy ice surface is just compounding their organizational problems - making them much worse than they would be...hardest on the goalie - as it's tough to predict weird puck bounces. The boys even nicknamed the Ralph "The Sludge Bowl" that's how bad it is. Hopefully they'll get it in better shape, I guess they've been working on it, so maybe they've come up with a solution...

19. Reilly311

Reilly311 Guest

I thought Bourque played a pretty good first period. That's about it though.

20. Spectacular_Bid

Spectacular_Bid Registered User

So the new lines are as follows?

Callahan O'Sullivan Stafford

Porter Fritsche Bourque

Kessel Schremp Brown/Dowell

Weller Hensick Pineault

Whose number 13?? I guess I don't mind these line but I really can't figure out why they would change the Fritsche, Porter, Kessel line. In my opinion they've been the best for the US. Although Bourque looked great against Russia, he didn't do much against the Swiss. Why change all the lines to find a spot for one guy?

21. nomorekids

Home Page:

I think Bourque should stay in, and Pineault should have been benched.

22. BobMckenzie

BobMckenzie Registered User

According to the official line chart Team USA puts out on the day of the game, the lines for tonight are as follows:

Callahan-O'Sullivan-Stafford
    Bourque-Fritsche-Porter
    Dowell-Schremp-Kessel
    Weller-Hensick-Brown
    Pineault

That could be subject to change, but it looks like that's how they'll start. Sounds like Schneider gets the start.

23. markov`

markov` Registered User

Home Page:
    Thank you very much Bob!

I would like it if you could post the line for the Czechs too... can't wait to see this Frolik kid on TSN.

24. THE NEXT ONE #87

THE NEXT ONE #87 Registered User

Home Page:
    :lol

25. BobMckenzie

BobMckenzie Registered User

Czech lines:

Kvapil-Vrana-Olesz
    Hluchy-Petruzalek-Kaspar
    Kohler-Cervenka-Borovansky
    Frolik-Krejci-Hrdel

I think Koutsky is getting the start over Schwarz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.