WC: USA roster 2013

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I realize this is a fools errand this far out to project, but sitting in O'hare for hours will drive you to desperation.

I've projected this team based on younger less experienced players and teams I think won't make the playoffs. Considering the 48 game season it's truly a futile exercise, but my interest in the US a this tournament is nothing if not futile.

Foligno-Dubinsky-Kessel
Wilson-Stastny-Okposo
Van Riemsdyk-Gaustad-Smith
Galchenyuk-Slater-Atkinson

J Johnson-Faulk
Goligoski-E Johnson
Yandle-Petry

Bachman
Montoya

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Futile is certainly a good word. The only question to me is if there'll be more fringe NHL'ers or European based players this year. If more than 3 or 4 of the guys you have listed show up I'd be pretty surprised.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Futile is certainly a good word. The only question to me is if there'll be more fringe NHL'ers or European based players this year. If more than 3 or 4 of the guys you have listed show up I'd be pretty surprised.

Gotta do something between now and April. :)

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The tournament also starts at basically the same time as the first round of the NHL playoffs so the pool of available players will even be smaller than normal. Only hope may the pressure of "auditioning" for the Sochi Olympics. I'm always unjustifiably hopeful about this team, though.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Haha. Not only should the Coyotes reach the playoffs but if they don't Yandle will be in the top pairing, not Johnson. Johnson isn't bad but Yandle is a hell of a lot better.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
The tournament also starts at basically the same time as the first round of the NHL playoffs so the pool of available players will even be smaller than normal. Only hope may the pressure of "auditioning" for the Sochi Olympics. I'm always unjustifiably hopeful about this team, though.

I share your unjustifiable optimism. Hopefully the Olympics add some pressure to players as you note. Otherwise it might be Ryan Lasch and Yan Stastny's team. :shakehead

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Assuming the Jackets miss...Umberger better be there. After every time he blew off the team despite his stated goal of being on the Olympic roster...

JJ will answer the call for sure. I expect to see a couple of NCAA guys there. Gaudreau perhaps?

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Assuming the Jackets miss...Umberger better be there. After every time he blew off the team despite his stated goal of being on the Olympic roster...

JJ will answer the call for sure. I expect to see a couple of NCAA guys there. Gaudreau perhaps?

Umberger hasn't played since 2006 right? I'd be more surprised if Umberger showed up than if I nailed the roster spot on in my first post.

There could be some very interesting NCAA/AHL players up for consideration.

Saad-Bjugstad-Watson
Miller-Nelson-Coyle
Gaudreau- Schroeder-Zucker

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
One name I would throw out there is Seth Jones. It's so hard to get talented players here and he already has a bit of experience on the big ice. With his size and skating ability, I'd give him a shot.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
One name I would throw out there is Seth Jones. It's so hard to get talented players here and he already has a bit of experience on the big ice. With his size and skating ability, I'd give him a shot.

Certainly possible. This team will be trolling the depths of the USA hockey pool I fear. If Ryan Murray can make the Canadian team I wouldn't bet against Jones.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
I actually think we could have a much better team than usual this year. A lot of guys barely played hockey this year and I think they'll want to keep playing so they can feel like this season wasn't a complete waste for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad