USA Hockey question

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
I have been playing hockey for about 6 years and have always been a member of USA hockey. i quit for about 2 years and i am now 18. Do i have to re-register with USA hockey? because the beer league i joined requires USA hockey. Like most i would expect.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Register with USA Hockey to get your number, then your captain can submit your number to your beer league. Your USA Hockey number will expire after one year.

Thanks. Im sure i can turn in a printout of my USA hockey number and registration page when i pay for beer league

SouthpawTRK

Sep 18, 2009
Northern California
In our league, the captain needs to enter the USA Hockey numbers of the players on our team into the league's database so their names will appear on the rosters. You could always check with your captain and see if he needs a hard copy of your number or if you can just email/text him the number. Best of luck with your new team!

gintonic

Jan 16, 2009
Why would an adult league require USA Hockey membership? The beer league I play in doesn't.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Why would an adult league require USA Hockey membership? The beer league I play in doesn't.

Mine does. I'm sure the rinks like players to be insured, and USA Hockey memberships do provide some insurance for injuries sustained during USA Hockey events (though the deductible is enormous).

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
In our league, the captain needs to enter the USA Hockey numbers of the players on our team into the league's database so their names will appear on the rosters. You could always check with your captain and see if he needs a hard copy of your number or if you can just email/text him the number. Best of luck with your new team!

thank you very much fellow sharks fan! just curious were do you play?

WhoozYerrDaddy

May 5, 2004

The players have to have USA Hockey membership so they can have USA certified referees. Thats why just about every youth hockey organization is registered.

USA registered referees are not supposed to officiate non-USA Hockey santioned games (including beer leagues)because all the players AND the officials would not be covered under USA Hockey's insurance.

If you think USA registered officials are bad, try getting some guys that REALLY dont know what they are doing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad