USA Beats Switzerland, 6-4 (U18 Four Nations Cup)

• Thread starter A Good Flying Bird*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Just a note on the game, Mueller, Johnson and Stoa were the best players. It is AMAZING to everyone that they don't play Johnson more, must be hard to get in the flow with 7-8 Dmen. No disrespect to the other d, but they can't hold a candle to Johnson. The others are incredibly soft, can't handle the puck and specialize in banging it out to the other team. Isn't that a giveaway? Bailey is the most underated forward, a real banger, finishes his checks and does all the little things right. Very poorly coached team IMO. They would be better shortning the bench and playin 4 d. Canada will destroy them at the 18's. The US is more interested in their systems and politics than winning. Sorry to be so negative, but that's what I see.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hab Fan said:
Just a note on the game, Mueller, Johnson and Stoa were the best players. It is AMAZING to everyone that they don't play Johnson more, must be hard to get in the flow with 7-8 Dmen. No disrespect to the other d, but they can't hold a candle to Johnson. The others are incredibly soft, can't handle the puck and specialize in banging it out to the other team. Isn't that a giveaway? Bailey is the most underated forward, a real banger, finishes his checks and does all the little things right. Very poorly coached team IMO. They would be better shortning the bench and playin 4 d. Canada will destroy them at the 18's. The US is more interested in their systems and politics than winning. Sorry to be so negative, but that's what I see.

Very poorly coached, or in line with a national team development program? I think you're missing the point of what's trying to be accomplished.

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
There is a report on a young gun from the US I read a few months ago. Says he was a great talent to come out of the US development program and opted to play college instead of Major Jr. Anyone know this guy I forgot his name. Might be Johnson but I cant remember if he was forward or defensemen.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
Very poorly coached, or in line with a national team development program? I think you're missing the point of what's trying to be accomplished.
I understand the point, it's just very apparent that "politics" involved with the US program rear their head a lot. What I'm saying is that they won't beat Canada lets say playing everyone equally. Because there not all equal. That's all. I personally hope they play everyone against Canada, I'm Canadian.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hab Fan said:
I understand the point, it's just very apparent that "politics" involved with the US program rear their head a lot. What I'm saying is that they won't beat Canada lets say playing everyone equally. Because there not all equal. That's all. I personally hope they play everyone against Canada, I'm Canadian.

I'm not sure how "politics" are rearing it's head with the competition that this thread is about. Jack Johnson seems to be doing his thing with impunity, and the team is playing well. USA Hockey can get bogged down, but it's also had it's fair share of successes. You can't please everyone all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad