USA B Team vs Russia, Sweden, Finland and Czech Republic A Teams

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lol, go ask Vancouver fans if they had to choose one
go forward who they select.

Put Quick on Vegas and Lehner is in street clothes or on the bench...lol.

Quick won a Conn Smythe pal.....FACT

Lehner will see a Conn Smythe in his dreams.

you are making no sense, if demko and quick is better than lehner and markstrom then why does lehner and markstrom have better stats.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
you are making no sense, if demko and quick is better than lehner and markstrom then why does lehner and markstrom have better stats.

Quick's team SUCKS, does that have to be explained to you?

GO ON THE CANUCKS BOARD RIGHT NOW LOOK
AT THEIR POLL.

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston
Sorry for making a typo on the 2019 WJC Silver.

Either way, it means nothing when talking about the senior level.

Incidentally "Mr Perfect" the 2005 and 2013 WJC
were played during shutdowns, so that qualifies as best on best. Guess which 2 countries won Gold? That's correct its Canada and The US...lol.

Oh goodie! They are officially certified as best-on-best! What does this have to do with the senior level again?

Incidentally WC mean absolutely NOTHING in
evaluating world rankings.

So what does? Where are the HFBoards rankings that I hear so much about.

US hasn't iced even a B level goalie corp or a B level D corp.

Can they? Who cares what the arbitrary letter rating is when they don't measure up against the competition?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The WC are not a proper measuring stick
I listed all the senior tournaments... olympics, best on best and world's. The three most recent finishes at those tourneys was 7th place.

1996 is the last US gold at a senior level.

I'm curious if the next counter to 'not won a thing since 1996' is to show me U18 and Hlinka results? All those amazing Junior results haven't yielded a gold at the senior level in a quarter century.

I totally agree US is a powerhouse and develop amazing players in every position but 24 years is a long time in between golds.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Lol, go ask Vancouver fans if they had to choose one
go forward who they select.

Put Quick on Vegas and Lehner is in street clothes or on the bench...lol.

Quick won a Conn Smythe pal.....FACT

Lehner will see a Conn Smythe in his dreams.
Canucks fans unanimously vote Markstrom as their MVP so idk wtf youre talking about

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Canucks fans unanimously vote Markstrom as their MVP so idk wtf youre talking about

I don't know wtf I'm talking about?

Take your butt over to The Canucks board
where over 80% of the respondents want to move
forward with Demko and wave bye bye to that
MVP Markstrom.

Next time bring a gun to a fight with me instead of
that butter knife brain of yours yfc.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I don't know wtf I'm talking about?

Take your butt over to The Canucks board
where over 80% of the respondents want to move
forward with Demko and wave bye bye to that
MVP Markstrom.

Next time bring a gun to a fight with me instead of
that butter knife brain of yours yfc.
Your the same guy who thinks that Charlie Coyle is an elite center so you really have no point to make in any case. Lol.

If Vancouver doesn’t resign Markstrom its because of their cap situation. Markstrom is the reason Vancouver made it to the playoffs and got that far. You keep telling yourself whatever tho.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't think this debate is very favourable for the Americans.

There is some absolute terrific top end talent in that country but the depth isn't there.

(Or at least the depth to compete with an A squad)

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Your the same guy who thinks that Charlie Coyle is an elite center so you really have no point to make in any case. Lol.

If Vancouver doesn’t resign Markstrom its because of their cap situation. Markstrom is the reason Vancouver made it to the playoffs and got that far. You keep telling yourself whatever tho.

Do you always LIE so matter of factly?

I started a thread that asked Is Coyle a top ten
US center, which after his 2019 PO and
2020 season is a perfectly reasonable statement.
Never did I say Coyle was an elite center, so quit
being a liar.

So use your head and take the L on Markstrom
because its obvious to Canuck fans as the poll shows Demko will be sticking him in his backpocket. Keep
believing whatever delusions you want if it makes you
sleep better.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Do you always LIE so matter of factly?

I started a thread that asked Is Coyle a top ten
US center, which after his 2019 PO and
2020 season is a perfectly reasonable statement.
Never did I say Coyle was an elite center, so quit
being a liar.

So use your head and take the L on Markstrom
because its obvious to Canuck fans as the poll shows Demko will be sticking him in his backpocket. Keep
believing whatever delusions you want if it makes you
sleep better.
I see a lot of mindless rambling and not a whole lot of anything else. I did read the Canucks board. Have you? A lot of them actually do want to keep Markstrom, but a lot of them also know that theyre teams cap is tight and they may not be able to afford to keep him, especially since they also want to resign Toffoli. You fail to mention that anywhere in your incoherent rambling.

Regardless, at the moment Demko and Quick are not better than neither Markstrom or Lehner and neither him or Quick would make a best on best US roster. Ended/

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I see a lot of mindless rambling and not a whole lot of anything else. I did read the Canucks board. Have you? A lot of them actually do want to keep Markstrom, but a lot of them also know that theyre teams cap is tight and they may not be able to afford to keep him, especially since they also want to resign Toffoli. You fail to mention that anywhere in your incoherent rambling.

Regardless, at the moment Demko is not better than neither Markstrom or Lehner and neither him or Quick would make a best on best US roster. Ended/

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Regardless, at the moment Demko and Quick are not better than neither Markstrom or Lehner and neither him or Quick would make a best on best US roster. Ended/

Lol, Markstrom and Demko could be both making minimum wage and the Canucks fans would still take Demko...lol.

Demko just put together three of the greatest performances by a goalie facing elimination
in NHL SC history. Markstrom doesn't have anything
in his career remotely close to that.

Demko is one of the most highly regarded young goalies
in the game and he showed why.

Demko is absolutely one of the three best US goalies in hockey. Hellybuyck-Gibson-Demko are clear cut
Top 3.

Within 2 years Demko will move past both of them.

Lol, you said "I read the Canucks board and a lot
of them do want to keep Markstrom". Lol, you're
telling another WHOPPER by being to cute by
half. Dude, they all see the obvious, Demko
is YOUNGER AND BETTER.

Take your L and go back to Winnipeg and tell
Hellebuyck, Demko is moving ahead of him
before the 2022 Olympics...lol.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Lol, Markstrom and Demko could be both making minimum wage and the Canucks fans would still take Demko...lol.

Demko just put together three of the greatest performances by a goalie facing elimination
in NHL SC history. Markstrom doesn't have anything
in his career remotely close to that.

Demko is one of the most highly regarded young goalies
in the game and he showed why.

Demko is absolutely one of the three best US goalies in hockey. Hellybuyck-Gibson-Demko are clear cut
Top 3.

Within 2 years Demko will move past both of them.

Lol, you said "I read the Canucks board and a lot
of them do want to keep Markstrom". Lol, you're
telling another WHOPPER by being to cute by
half. Dude, they all see the obvious, Demko
is YOUNGER AND BETTER.

Take your L and go back to Winnipeg and tell
Hellebuyck, Demko is moving ahead of him
before the 2022 Olympics...lol.
Did you read where I said at the moment?? No you didn’t which clearly shows you don’t pay attention nor read. Altho im not surprised you do neither at this point.

Without Markstrom, Canucks may not have even made the playoffs and the numbers prove that. Even Canucks fans know that you ignorant fool. 3 games is a small sample size regardless of the situation Demko was played in. Until he has a larger amount of games played in the regular season and playoffs where he’s consistently good as a starter , Markstrom is the better goaltender. Same with Lehner. Im not sorry for the facts hurting your feelings.

Also Hellebuyck is the only reason my team was relevant at all this season. He carried us to even get into the qualifying round with that garbage we called a defense and he’s the reason that Team USA even medalled at all at the 2015 Worlds. At Demkos age Bucky was already starting games for us. Check yourself before you make a fool of yourself.

Last edited:

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Wait a second. Did not Markstrom just win the fan MVP award for the 2nd straight year; first back-to-back in 12 years?

I suppose we could argue Demko might be a better option for Vancouver long-term due to his age, salary cap issues, and potential. But in no parallel universe does this mean Demko is currently a better goaltender than Markstrom. If Demko was he's be the starter. But he's not, Markstrom is. And the reason for that is because Markstrom is clearly better and the MVP of the team.

Last edited:

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Wait a second. Did not Markstrom just win the fan MVP award for the 2nd straight year; first back-to-back in 12 years?

I suppose we could argue Demko might be a better option for Vancouver long-term due to his age, salary cap issues, and potential. But in no parallel universe does this mean Demko is currently a better goaltender than Markstrom. If Demko was he's be the starter. But he's not, Markstrom is. And the reason for that is because Markstrom is clearly better and the MVP of the team.
Dont tell him that or he’ll PM you lol

BOS358

Jul 20, 2017
Boston
I don't think this debate is very favourable for the Americans.

There is some absolute terrific top end talent in that country but the depth isn't there.

(Or at least the depth to compete with an A squad)

Dead on accurate. When I mentioned the drop in talent between the top-tier Americans and the second-tier ones, I stated that it is not between some hypothetical A and B teams. The drop would happen in the A team.

Since it was brought up, let's look at the 2013 USA team that won the World Juniors. They were the top Americans of their 20-and-under age group. There were some big names on that squad like Seth Jones, Johnny Gaudreau, JT Miller, John Gibson. Then there are guys like Riley Barber (12 NHL games played), Patrick Sieloff (2), and Tyler Biggs and Mario Lucia (both 0).

The senior level, obviously, has no age limit, so the player pool for each country to draw the best team is much larger. For Team USA, you have a few studs on the top two lines, a starting goalie, two or three world-class defensemen, and then the rest of the depth chart, who are noticeably a step behind the top guys. They may be playing for the so-called A team, but that doesn't mean they're top-tier players.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Canadian B Team

Now this team probably won't win a ton of games, but I think they would be good for a couple wins.

Hall-Monahan-Seguin
Lafreniere-Dubois-Marchessault
Perron-Nugent-Hopkins-Giroux
E.Kane-Danault-Konecny-Sam Reinhart

Theodore-Ekblad
Nurse-Bear
McNabb-Vlasic-Mete

Matt Murray
Tristan Jarry

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Dead on accurate. When I mentioned the drop in talent between the top-tier Americans and the second-tier ones, I stated that it is not between some hypothetical A and B teams. The drop would happen in the A team.

Since it was brought up, let's look at the 2013 USA team that won the World Juniors. They were the top Americans of their 20-and-under age group. There were some big names on that squad like Seth Jones, Johnny Gaudreau, JT Miller, John Gibson. Then there are guys like Riley Barber (12 NHL games played), Patrick Sieloff (2), and Tyler Biggs and Mario Lucia (both 0).

The senior level, obviously, has no age limit, so the player pool for each country to draw the best team is much larger. For Team USA, you have a few studs on the top two lines, a starting goalie, two or three world-class defensemen, and then the rest of the depth chart, who are noticeably a step behind the top guys. They may be playing for the so-called A team, but that doesn't mean they're top-tier players.

You ignored Jacob Trouba on that 2013 US Team
and Hellebuyck should have been the back-up.

Up front you ignored Trocheck. Trocheck and
Trouba alone were very good players at that time.
Ghostisbehere was a good D man for an Olympic
sheet of ice. Substitute Matt Grezlyck for Sieloff
and thats a significant add at the #7 D slot.
Finally at that time Galchenyuk was thought of
as a good young forward.

That US Team wasn't just Gibson and Jones.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Another thread where no one seems to able to understand the exercise. On PAPER the U.S. can ice a very credible "B" team that could challenge another top country's "A" team. Again, on PAPER.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Yeah, the OP did not really ask about the USA "A" team. Nor is it implied the USA "A" team would be favored against any of these (none of them to be honest, except Czechs). Just that the "B" team is still pretty competitive owing to national depth after the top 23 players. Other countries' "B" teams may not be as capable as the USA's.

Ultimately though I think the WCs are an exhibition of each country's "B" teams (with the North American teams more closer to their "C" teams) and well, the USA roundly gets romped at those tournaments.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Yeah, the OP did not really ask about the USA "A" team. Nor is it implied the USA "A" team would be favored against any of these (none of them to be honest, except Czechs). Just that the "B" team is still pretty competitive owing to national depth after the top 23 players. Other countries' "B" teams may not be as capable as the USA's.

Ultimately though I think the WCs are an exhibition of each country's "B" teams (with the North American teams more closer to their "C" teams) and well, the USA roundly gets romped at those tournaments.

I would say that the U.S. typically underachieves at the Worlds but rarely gets romped. We've sent some good teams in recent years with a lot of heartache.

BOS358

Jul 20, 2017
Boston
You ignored Jacob Trouba on that 2013 US Team
and Hellebuyck should have been the back-up.

Up front you ignored Trocheck. Trocheck and
Trouba alone were very good players at that time.
Ghostisbehere was a good D man for an Olympic
sheet of ice. Substitute Matt Grezlyck for Sieloff
and thats a significant add at the #7 D slot.
Finally at that time Galchenyuk was thought of
as a good young forward.

That US Team wasn't just Gibson and Jones.

Given that you missed the point of my post, which was echoed by at least three other posters on this thread, I see no reason in repeating it again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad