GDT: Us Vs the Blues Clues |6PMish I think | Need cats

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
How ironic that we were given a figurine of our HHOF goalie performing the most oconic save in brief team history, and are treated to Lehner doing his imitation of a statue while pucks are whizzing by.

We would be much further behind if several Blues were better shots.

And we'd of won easily if FLeury was in net.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Fleury should play the rest of the games to get him ready for the playoffs.

Something is wrong with Lehner. Maybe coming into the season out of shape has caused his play to decline.

Glad the Knights won, but it seemed like they were doing everything they could to ruin the overtime win streak. Lol

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Nice to keep winning in OT without Pacioretty. He has a few game winners in OT for us.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I was hoping Petro was gonna bury it on that backhand in overtime, If he would’ve buried it there that would’ve been amazing for him to do it against the Blues.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not often talked about but Fleury/Lehner are still on track to win the Jennings trophy. We've allowed the league's fewest goals by about 3 over NYI

Actually Lehner is probably ineligible. The standard is 25 games played minimum but maybe they'll relax that in a shortened season

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Since coming back from injury, Lehner was 9-0-1 until the last three games, and one of those three games was a 2-1 loss to Arizona. Yes he stunk in regulation in the game we saw but he was big in OT and as a result the team won. Okay fine, the Minnesota game was ugly. Fine, he isn’t perfect. Nobody is. So what?

If Fleury starts every playoff game, it won’t be because Lehner was bad. It will be because Fleury had an amazing year.

Some of the comments remind me of some discussions I had with a Pittsburgh fan in 2018. He didn’t care about how Fleury played all year and called Fleury a choker because he lost 4 straight in the Finals and said Pittsburgh was right not to keep him (lol). I’m sure he thought Fleury choked in game 7 against the Sharks too.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
In other words, life is pretty good when Lehner is your worst goalie. It’s a nice problem to have.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Not often talked about but Fleury/Lehner are still on track to win the Jennings trophy. We've allowed the league's fewest goals by about 3 over NYI

Actually Lehner is probably ineligible. The standard is 25 games played minimum but maybe they'll relax that in a shortened season
Must be relaxed, otherwise there's like only 4 teams that could just barely pass that criteria lol.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Since coming back from injury, Lehner was 9-0-1 until the last three games, and one of those three games was a 2-1 loss to Arizona. Yes he stunk in regulation in the game we saw but he was big in OT and as a result the team won. Okay fine, the Minnesota game was ugly. Fine, he isn’t perfect. Nobody is. So what?

If Fleury starts every playoff game, it won’t be because Lehner was bad. It will be because Fleury had an amazing year.

Some of the comments remind me of some discussions I had with a Pittsburgh fan in 2018. He didn’t care about how Fleury played all year and called Fleury a choker because he lost 4 straight in the Finals and said Pittsburgh was right not to keep him (lol). I’m sure he thought Fleury choked in game 7 against the Sharks too.
Lehner himself says that he has had moments that look really bad, and his word for goals let in is "embarrassing"

Even when we've won with him, there are things about his technique and positioning that are just off. He draws himself way too far off the crease when protecting a side. He doesn't get anything close to a tight butterfly with his pads sealed. In fact, in one goal last night, he had one leg in butterfly and the other knee up, leaving a gaping hole through which they scored. When he overbites and ends up laying on the ice, he takes way too long to recover, leaving the net a wide open target.

I dont think it's a "throw the baby out with the bathwater" situation. It's a compressed schedule, and even if it is three or days between games, if the team isn't practicing because they just played a game last night, how can Panda take the shots he needs to work out his problems?

Flower has bad streaks too, and I hope this is what it is. Until Panda works it out, I really think they should stay with Flower until he starts fraying at the edges himself. Give Panda some time and pressure to fix it.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
A win tonight would clinch us home ice for at least the first round of the playoffs.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
In other words, life is pretty good when Lehner is your worst goalie. It’s a nice problem to have.

His record is a mirage, when he went on his hot streak we were playing bottom feeders and were totally dominant. Don't know what's wrong with him, I wonder if he takes meds that affect his balance and reflexes, but at this point he's no better than Subhan was as a backup and he costs 4 million more we could sorely use.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
His record is a mirage, when he went on his hot streak we were playing bottom feeders and were totally dominant. Don't know what's wrong with him, I wonder if he takes meds that affect his balance and reflexes, but at this point he's no better than Subhan was as a backup and he costs 4 million more we could sorely use.

Well this couldn't be further from the truth. If he's benefiting from lesser opponents then so is Fleury. Robin has been horrendous the last 2 games but those are the outliers. No need to question his mental health/medication. He played like shit for a couple of games. Every goalie does.

Comparing him to Subban is a joke. Lehner since Vegas came into the league has performed like a top 10 goalie. His stats are nearly identical to Fleury in fact.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas

They adjusted the number of games to burn an ELC year so I don't see why this one wouldn't change as well. 25/82 is about the same as 17/56 and Lehner is at 18 right now.

If they didn't they could conceivably have a team that would have no one qualify. (While it could happen that 4 guys all get around 20 in a regular season, 2 guys getting 24 and a third guy getting 8 is much more likely to happen)

Last edited:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Lehner himself says that he has had moments that look really bad, and his word for goals let in is "embarrassing"

I’m not surprised he said this because I would expect someone at his level to have high standards. He expects a lot out of himself.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Well this couldn't be further from the truth. If he's benefiting from lesser opponents then so is Fleury. Robin has been horrendous the last 2 games but those are the outliers. No need to question his mental health/medication. He played like shit for a couple of games. Every goalie does.

Comparing him to Subban is a joke. Lehner since Vegas came into the league has performed like a top 10 goalie. His stats are nearly identical to Fleury in fact.

Sorry, can't agree. Not comparing him to Subhan, just saying for the goalkeeping we're getting from him recently, and he looks real bad, we could get the same much cheaper.

Going forward, unless something changes, I'm not in favor of keeping him if he's not untradeable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad