GDT: Us Vs the Blues Clues |6PMish I think | Need cats

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Where oh where has our top 6 gone?

When almost every game is the same - horrendous pp, can't score, tons of possession no goals, passing like they never met, chip the puck to the other team, etc. - there is a big disconnect somewhere. I think it's the system, mismatch of the type players we have to the system we use, whatever, but it isn't just random bad luck.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Fire Spott.
Trade Reaves.
Waive Hague and find a defenseman.

Hague is young and will improve. He's being forced to do things he's not ready for. Needs big time skating and puck handling lessons in the off-season, til then he needs to sit.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Hague is young and will improve. He's being forced to do things he's not ready for. Needs big time skating and puck handling lessons in the off-season, til then he needs to sit.

So you'd rather play Holden? Because without a trade for another LD that's the only alternative.

I do agree that Hague needs time to round out his game, but even in his current state he's the best option we have to play with Whitecloud IMO. Wanting him gone is crazy talk. He's 71 games into his career and he's produced really well for a guy his size. The old adage is you don't judge dmen until they hit 200 games. Hell, he's light years ahead of where Chara was at the same age.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
So you'd rather play Holden? Because without a trade for another LD that's the only alternative.

I do agree that Hague needs time to round out his game, but even in his current state he's the best option we have to play with Whitecloud IMO. Wanting him gone is crazy talk. He's 71 games into his career and he's produced really well for a guy his size. The old adage is you don't judge dmen until they hit 200 games. Hell, he's light years ahead of where Chara was at the same age.

I was not the one who said waive Hague, I want to see him improve, but if you're going for a Cup (I really don't see us going through Wild, Avs, Florida, Canes or Tampa and then the East champ to be honest with what I've seen in the last month or so, too many holes on the team) yep for now I'd mostly play Holden when it counts.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He can't skate. He can't make timely decisions. I'm not convinced he has the capacity to learn either.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I was not the one who said waive Hague, I want to see him improve, but if you're going for a Cup (I really don't see us going through Wild, Avs, Florida, Canes or Tampa and then the East champ to be honest with what I've seen in the last month or so, too many holes on the team) yep for now I'd mostly play Holden when it counts.

Too bad the GMs didn't give themselves the flexibility to play whoever was best for the teams needs. We'll see if he gets any time in the playoffs.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

his skating was always and probably will always be a hinderance. I don’t see the upside with him others do. Cannon of a shot, but the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
his skating was always and probably will always be a hinderance. I don’t see the upside with him others do. Cannon of a shot, but the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired

If his skating were better, the rest of his game might be better as well. Other parts of his game were better in the AHL where his lack of speed was less of a hindrance, ergo, if he can speed it up, he would be getting trapped in the d-zone so much.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Bumping this as a makeshift game thread in case one isn't created. I would suck at making a game thread worse than Kane sucks at paying bills.

Reactions: hangman005

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He can't skate. He can't make timely decisions. I'm not convinced he has the capacity to learn either.

Let me be the first to say that while he still can't skate, his poor decisions and passes have declined dramatically the last few games. He still doesn't know how defend net front though.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Uhhh....no Fleury figurines at the entrance.....was it Saturday only?

They were prestaged in the seats

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->