US Thanksgiving ?

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
they say, that by that date if your not in the top 8th, those teams are more likely not to make the playoffs. i'm thinking about 35 games in if your not in the top 8 or a few points away, golfing is nearing.
short season this year, 15 games in if your not in the top 8 or close, looks like your planning your golf season already.
very hard to make up points this year if your behind.
so i'm looking by next tuesday feb 5, we will know if the leafs will compete for a playoff spot or not.

games vs

buffalo
caps
boston
carolina
caps
after that the real tough games start.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Dont know why people look at the Leafs lineup and think playoffs. Its a bad team. Fortunately there are other bad teams, and people can hurt. But making the playoffs would probably be a step back for what needs to be done with this team.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Dont know why people look at the Leafs lineup and think playoffs. Its a bad team. Fortunately there are other bad teams, and people can hurt. But making the playoffs would probably be a step back for what needs to be done with this team.

playoffs would be good, it would show a young team how hard you have to work to get in.
it would also show how tough a 7 game series is, and what to prepare for next year.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
The team needs an infusion of top end talent. There's no other way to do that other than going through the draft.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
it looks like thanksgiving has come and past, we are in a playoff spot.
we will make the playoffs this year. only if we stay away from cliffs, burkie said.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I think a better cut off would be between games 18-21 is probably when teams should start worrying about golfing, not 15... especially if you consider 35 games to be that moment in an 82 game season. 35 of 82 is about 42.6% of the way through the season, which is 20.48 games in a 48 game season.

Yes, those 6 points mean a lot.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
I think a better cut off would be between games 18-21 is probably when teams should start worrying about golfing, not 15... especially if you consider 35 games to be that moment in an 82 game season. 35 of 82 is about 42.6% of the way through the season, which is 20.48 games in a 48 game season.

Yes, those 6 points mean a lot.

if nonis does not trade kessel and bozak, they will make the playoffs, but if hes thinking of getting top young prospects and going for it next year

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
if nonis does not trade kessel and bozak, they will make the playoffs, but if hes thinking of getting top young prospects and going for it next year

Kessel and Bozak arent young? 25 and 26 years old respectively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad