US Preliminary Roster Announced

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
petrklima85 said:
I was kind of hoping that the Americans would add Legwand and Suter once the Preds were eliminated.

I would think that Adam Hall and Mark Eaton would also receive an invite, having played for USA in past World Championships.

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Rabid Ranger said:
Here's some (loosely translated) comments from Mike Eaves after today's game:

Mike Eaves , selector The United States of America :: " sober-minded are yourself till then without stage-fright dnevi , wherefore yet nismo bili uigrani. Without delay are prophet , yes indeed public I am standing upon I your reprezentanco , which yourself there is transplantable withal upon theatre. Running there is bila a long while , a good while counterbalance , when are winnable uppermost woodless , then yourself us there is shipping. Upon SP yourself I am wishing wage upon I medal , yet that bo this widely with difficulty "
Haha, what the hell? :biglaugh:

DXFlyers

Jun 15, 2005
Let Umberger stay home and heal. I doubt USA will get far, but strange things happen. Canada is going to man handle teams, Ovechkin says he will play for Russia.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
DXFlyers said:
Let Umberger stay home and heal. I doubt USA will get far, but strange things happen. Canada is going to man handle teams, Ovechkin says he will play for Russia.

"Man handle"? I wouldn't go that far. Canada will have a good roster but I'm not sure they'll have enough firepower to overpower the opposition.

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
How can anyone confidently say that a team backstopped by Alex auld will MAN HANDLE anyone? Not saying he's not a competent goalie....but he's no Brodeur.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
I think Knuble might as well be invited, since Flyers screwed it up and now he is good to go. He has helped a lot to the US national team.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Like Wall said:
I think Knuble might as well be invited, since Flyers screwed it up and now he is good to go. He has helped a lot to the US national team.

I was surprised that Knuble and Umberger were not on the 37 player entry list submitted to the IIHF. The only Flyer on the entry list was Meyer.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
MePutPuckInNet said:
No Patrick O'Sullivan?

WHY? [yeah, I know he's busy with the AHL playoffs, but he's not on the prelim list either,,,,what's up with that?]

Andy Greene wasn't on the prelim list either, so I'm not sure if that matters.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
Andy Greene wasn't on the prelim list either, so I'm not sure if that matters.

I'm not sure the list matters either, but Andy Greene played in an exhibition game, not the tournament so I don't think that necessarily tells us anything about the importance of the entry list.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
update about Nashville players and the WC from the Tennessean: add Suter and Hall

"Forward Scott Hartnell and defenseman Dan Hamhuis will play for Canada, forward Martin Erat for the Czech Republic, and forward Adam Hall and defenseman Ryan Suter for the United States.

Four other Predators — Canadian forwards Paul Kariya, Sullivan and Walker, as well as U.S. defenseman Mark Eaton — were asked to play for their respective nations but turned down the offers."

Hall was not on the entry list; I don't know why they bother with the entry list.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
sk84fun_dc said:
update about Nashville players and the WC from the Tennessean: add Suter and Hall

"Forward Scott Hartnell and defenseman Dan Hamhuis will play for Canada, forward Martin Erat for the Czech Republic, and forward Adam Hall and defenseman Ryan Suter for the United States.

Four other Predators — Canadian forwards Paul Kariya, Sullivan and Walker, as well as U.S. defenseman Mark Eaton — were asked to play for their respective nations but turned down the offers."

Hall was not on the entry list; I don't know why they bother with the entry list.

Suter and Hall are nice additions. I'm actually liking the make-up of this squad. Young, but that's good after years of the good ole boys network being the face of USA Hockey.

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
It doesn't look like Higgins is going to get the chance to go....and based on how he finished the season, thats a drag. Also, where's the love for Ron Hainsey....I thought he did a solid job in Columbus, he is a better skater then I thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->