Tennis: US Open 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
and just like that Genie Bouchard is now not even the most famous women's tennis player in Canada

Reactions: MsMeow

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
She'll probably be #3 by the end of the season. She's only a couple of hundred points behind 3rd ranked player and Bianca has almost no points to defend.

There's really no limit at this point. She's only 700 points behind on the race, and that's with missing four months.

Excluding withdrawals due to injury, she's on an absolute ridiculous winning streak. For her to not reach number one, someone is going to have to figure out how to beat her.

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
There's really no limit at this point. She's only 700 points behind on the race, and that's with missing four months.

Excluding withdrawals due to injury, she's on an absolute ridiculous winning streak. For her to not reach number one, someone is going to have to figure out how to beat her.

She’s got the complete package. The only weaknesses she has are her serve, and she often has lulls within a match. But really she just finds ways to win, and that’s the sign of a champion.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I think of her initial muted reaction after winning as probably a kind of Danny Green thing, who won a Championship with the Raptors only a few moments after he almost gave the game away. She lost four games near the end only to win the Championship anyway. That's a mix of heavy emotions in the moment. You are delighted on the one hand but still a litlle shaken too.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I think of her initial muted reaction after winning as probably a kind of Danny Green thing, who won a Championship with the Raptors only a few moments after he almost gave the game away. She lost four games near the end only to win the Championship anyway. That's a mix of heavy emotions in the moment. You are delighted on the one hand but still a litlle shaken too.

Except Danny was a passenger. Bianca is a beast, She may have moved ahead of Kawhi on my list LOL

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
So amazing!! I hope Bianca and her team handles this success and notoriety well, at 19 this is probably not that easy. However it is incredible how cool and composed she is. I hope she is truly the next generation, to compete at the top level for years to come, and the past year was not just a fluke.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So amazing!! I hope Bianca and her team handles this success and notoriety well, at 19 this is probably not that easy. However it is incredible how cool and composed she is. I hope she is truly the next generation, to compete at the top level for years to come, and the past year was not just a fluke.

Based on her game, it’s not a fluke. She’s a more complete player, especially mentally, than Sharapova was. Probably the most promising women’s tennis player since Serena herself. The way she hits the ball is reminiscent of men’s tennis. She may actually force a bit of a revolution in the women’s game. Other players are going to have to change the way they hit the ball now.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm pleased about Andreescu's victory and I look forward to seeing what she does in the coming years. Looks like a great player.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I don't really follow women's tennis that much, but that was an impressive performance by Andreescu. Lots of potential for sure.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Just a note on Serena.

I think the reason why she doesn’t mind losing to Bianca is that she sees Bianca as her only worthy heir apparent.

I don’t think she she has the same level of respect for Osaka and the rest.

Reactions: kihei

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
So it happened. Bianca really is the best player in the world, at 19, and with the potential to be next generational talent in women's tennis.

Reactions: kihei

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Just a note on Serena.

I think the reason why she doesn’t mind losing to Bianca is that she sees Bianca as her only worthy heir apparent.

I don’t think she she has the same level of respect for Osaka and the rest.

Rather disappointing if she doesn't have the same view of Osaka.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So it happened. Bianca really is the best player in the world, at 19, and with the potential to be next generational talent in women's tennis.

Have not seen a women’s player hit the ball with that type of power and spin since... Serena.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Rather disappointing if she doesn't have the same view of Osaka.

Osaka is pretty good but Serena probably looks at Bianca’s tools and attitude and respects the hell out of them. She wasn’t even that upset she lost to her heir apparent today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad