Tennis: US Open 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I look at the women's draw and I see tons of seeds who are in very tough in the first round. I expect it to be unpredictable as usual.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Well Polansky lost. Into the LL pool to see if he can make history and complete the LL slam.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Genie wins easily again today and is into the MD. She really didn't have any trouble in qualifying. Maybe she has a score to settle at Flushing Meadows...:D

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Abanda out.

Felix underway.

Great start for Felix. Up an early break.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I believe Felix becomes the first player born in the 2000's to have earned his way into a Grand Slam main draw (qualifying or ranking) without a WC.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
According to the ATP, the two have met only once before (in Drummondville in 2017) and Denis won that one 7-6, 6-3. Felix is a year older and wiser, so that score might not be indicative of much today.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I look at the women's draw and I see tons of seeds who are in very tough in the first round. I expect it to be unpredictable as usual.
I could see 8 or more different women possibly lifting the trophy. Wide open as can be.

Reactions: Tuggy

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
According to the ATP, the two have met only once before (in Drummondville in 2017) and Denis won that one 7-6, 6-3. Felix is a year older and wiser, so that score might not be indicative of much today.

Felix beat Denis in Junior in their only meeting there. (Prince George's County International Hard Court Junior Tournament Finals) 6-2 7-6(6)

Reactions: kihei

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Abanda out.

Felix underway.

Great start for Felix. Up an early break.
Abanda keeps talking and i keep hoping she becomes the player she is supposed to be but it's not happening.

Genie is "interesting " to watch if nothing else. Anything can happen with her.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Genie is "interesting " to watch if nothing else. Anything can happen with her.

True that, and tactically a lot of it has to do with the fact that she tries to crowd the baseline no matter who she plays. So when it's going good, it's going great. But when it's bad, it's awful.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Anyone have any idea what time the Shapovalov-Auger match is pacific time? I can't find it anywhere.
6:00 PM, per ESPN.

Some dandy matches for the first day:

Wawrinka/Dimitrov--the good news for Stan is if he wins, he in effect becomes the #8 seed, offering him a little protection the rest of the way
Shapo/FAA--can't wait
Kuznetsova/V Williams--Venus should win, but Svetlana doesn't usually go down quietly
Muguruza/Zhang--tough draw for Garbine
Mischa/Fritz--could also be fun

Opening eyebrow raiser: Kanepi over Halep 6-2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->