Tennis: US Open 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Roger Roger Roger.. 0-30 window. You have to play can't miss tennis to see what the kid does. You cannot give him that freebie.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
God I love late night tennis. Awesome match. Awesome crowd. Two great players. One all-time great.

Awesome stuff.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Ok NOW I'm concerned about Feds back. Roger missing volleys he should make in his sleep.
I think the backhand stroke seems stiff and out of sync, and he frequently is hardly bending to hit those volleys. He got this match under his belt thanks mostly to the ineptitude of an opponent who gave him so many free points. But I think Roger is a dead man walking.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
I think the backhand stroke seems stiff and out of sync, and he frequently is hardly bending to hit those volleys. He got this match under his belt thanks mostly to the ineptitude of an opponent who gave him so many free points. But I think Roger is a dead man walking.

Could be lack of practise as well, but yeah I saw the same things you did

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Too many worriers in here. :sarcasm: Good tennis is good tennis. Not Fed's best, but that was damn entertaining. Fed looked to be having a blast at the end, too.

You guys/gals ready for tomorrow? I'll be at work with 2 of my 3 screen on US Open. 87 singles matches? :amazed:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

Stiff is the best way to describe him right now. He looks to be staying as upright as possible, I agree with you.

Anybody who saw him during the final in Montreal has seen this Roger before.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Too many worriers in here. :sarcasm: Good tennis is good tennis. Not Fed's best, but that was damn entertaining. Fed looked to be having a blast at the end, too.

You guys/gals ready for tomorrow? I'll be at work with 2 of my 3 screen on US Open. 87 singles matches? :amazed:

Definitely going to be a crazy day! Weather looks good today.

Not too many marquee matchups today. I'll, of course, be watching the 3 Canadians in action. Big stage for Denis tonight...last match of the night on Ashe and probably the biggest match of the day. Looking forward to it.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Here is a tactical plan for how Denis can beat Tsonga

Good points. Tsonga can also be a very slow starter, sometimes almost like he is still waking up. Denis' aggression could be a real problem for him in terms of getting into any kind of rhythm.

I especially llike the point about Denis' being left handed. That should be a significant benefit against Tsonga, given his game. (For non-players: it's simple math, really. Left-handers are very used to facing right-handers, but right handers run into relatively few left-handers. For right-handers, it can be like playing a game in a mirror. Every shot is going to the opposite stroke to which you normally hit. Of course, this is true for the lefties but they do it all the time. It is no fluke that some of the #1s in modern tennis history have been left-handed as they make use of their slight advantage: Laver, Navratilova, McEnroe, Seles, Connors, Rios, Kerber, Vilas. Modern equipment and the speed at which balls are now struck has mitigated the advantage, but in the Tsonga/Shapovalov match up, as the video shows, it is definitely a factor to watch closely).

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Kyrgios in trouble. Thought he might be able to make a run. Who knows with Nick though...his health, his mind.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
How long until Nike cuts ties with Bouchard? Man, what a spectacular fall over the past couple years. One trick pony whose game was exposed and the inability to adapt (or desire to, perhaps) has ended her tennis career before it has even begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad