Tennis: US Open 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Men's tennis here in the States seems to have its future star in Tiafoe. This kid has done nothing but impress at every level and so far I see nothing in his game that doesn't suggest he'll be the one to finally bring some respectability back to the men's game when it comes to American born players. Impressive showing tonight. Rough around the edges but to be expected considering he's still wet behind the ears.

They gotta prove it. This always happens. Wait until one of them gets into the top 10.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
A fifth set, 6-4, 2-6, 1-6, 6-1. I mean, wow, and Tiafoe couldn't keep a ball in play for two sets.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
They gotta prove it. This always happens. Wait until one of them gets into the top 10.

This is true. We've seen far too many "next big thing's" here crash and burn.

Tiafoe's pedigree is impressive though and he has the weapons and a well enough rounded game to be pretty special though, IMO. Love his performance tonight. Not Fed's best effort by any means, but Tiafoe is playing a part in his struggles.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Tiafoe needs a reset button like no other. He has one pace - fast and all in. I'd love to see him throw some change of pace balls at Fed, but it's a little too late for that. Switch it up from time to time.

Hot damn Fed is a great watch. Beautiful tennis.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Men's tennis here in the States seems to have its future star in Tiafoe. This kid has done nothing but impress at every level and so far I see nothing in his game that doesn't suggest he'll be the one to finally bring some respectability back to the men's game when it comes to American born players. Impressive showing tonight. Rough around the edges but to be expected considering he's still wet behind the ears.
I'm skeptical. Too many idiosyncrasies.

Donaldson looks like he will be an improvement on Sock, though. And I want to see how Eubanks develops. Now there's a pretty game to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad