Prospect Info: Urho Vaakanainen

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Carlo is not like Myers

I agree with this. Myers would love to skate like Carlo. Myers is more like Chara but not as good as Chara.

Carlo is more like a Brent Burns minus the offensive firepower, though a bit better at the defensive end.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I agree with this. Myers would love to skate like Carlo. Myers is more like Chara but not as good as Chara.

Carlo is more like a Brent Burns minus the offensive firepower, though a bit better at the defensive end.

Burns has skated at Right Wing before, I'm not entirely sure he's a good comparison for Carlo even with the caveats.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Urho looks good though - certainly a good future, though I'm not sure who he compares to now. Brodin could be close.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017

Thats funny...

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Frederic is more like Crosby minus the offensive firepower.

Cmon now lol

The only reason I list Brent Burns is that he is also 6'5 a good skater and a decent defender due to physical tools

Not easy to list many 6'4-6-5 Ds that can skate and are agile

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
I think given all the negative press from certain local sports reporters, there wasn't a very high bar set for him. Jack sounds surprised every time he touches the puck .

He definitely looks like he belongs based on today's game.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary

Yeah but Myers is just entering his prime. Maybe he keeps getting better like Z did. I'd love to have him.

Should have traded Dougie straight up for Myers in hindsight!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Anyone has that clip of Vaaka dancing around 3 RedWings? I just want to see in slow motion how he did it. Maybe he cheated? lol

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
With his strong play, Urho Vaakanainen is forcing the Bruins to make some tough decisions

Cassidy on Vaaka after Tonights loss to RW

“I like him,” said Bruce Cassidy of the teenage Finn. “I thought he was very good tonight. [He] joins the rush effectively, at the right times,...he’s probably figuring out some of the guys, what plays are there to be made. I think he doesn’t look like he gets many shots blocked, so I think he does a good job of finding the lane.”

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Reading the Dan Ryan article. Other than sending Vaaka to Prov, send him back to Fin
land??

I dont get this option at all...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad