Upsides of Social Distancing at ECHL Games?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
  1. Lighter traffic before & after games.
  2. More parking options.
  3. Shorter arena security check & ticket scanning lines.
  4. You wouldn't be complaining about the guy next to you hogging your armrest.
  5. You'd have at least 2 seatback beverage holders at your disposal.
  6. You could put your feet up on the seatback in front of you without leaving footprints on another fan's $200+ game-worn autographed jersey.
  7. No more Kiss Cam.
  8. Shorter concession lines.
  9. Shorter bathroom lines.
  10. Hockey fans wouldn't be constantly complaining that owners are inflating their attendance figures.
What did I miss?

Eric Cartman22

Apr 13, 2020
I don’t think the ECHL will play with socially distanced crowds at all. It’s not like they have TV money like the NHL. The AHL could do it but only because they serve the NHL. The ECHL depends on ticket money and with people spread out they wouldn’t make as much money. I think the ECHL just delays the season until it’s safe to get close to other people again.

Tater Tot

Jul 8, 2017
11. No kid kicking the back of your seat
12. No kid screeching right next to you
13. You wouldn’t have to listen to the guy behind you try to explain the game to his obviously not interest girlfriend when it’s painfully obvious he has no idea what he is talking about.

Reactions: JMCx4

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
11. No kid kicking the back of your seat
12. No kid screeching right next to you
13. You wouldn’t have to listen to the guy behind you try to explain the game to his obviously not interest girlfriend when it’s painfully obvious he has no idea what he is talking about.

Yeah, but the Spongebob theme will still be played four times a game.

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad