NFL: Upset of the Week - Week 8

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Ok Ser Woof, I'm going to make you happy this week! With noodle-armed Peyton having a week to rest up, I think they come up big thanks to home field advantage & a strong D. Official pick:

Broncos over Packers

Season: 3-4

Week 1 - 49ers over Vikings (W)
Week 2 - Lions over Vikings (L)
Week 3 - Lions over Broncos (L)
Week 4 - Dolphins over Jets (L)
Week 5 - Lions over Cards (L) :facepalm: :facepalm:
Week 6 - Dolphins over Titans (W)
Week 7 - Jaguars over Bills (W)

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_odds.shtml

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Week 1: Bills over Colts
Week 2: Bears over Cardinals
Week 3: Bengals over Ravens
Week 4: Dolphins over Jets
Week 5: Jaguars over Bucs
Week 6: Panthers over Seahawks
Week 7: Jets over Patriots

Lions over Chiefs in England

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Week 1: Falcons over Eagles
Week 2: Falcons over Giants
Week 3: Eagles over Jets
Week 4: Dolphins over Jets
Week 5: Saints over Eagles
Week 6: 49ers over Ravens
Week 7: Cowboys over Giants

Week 8: I guess Raiders over Jets.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
When I saw this thread was up, I thought PanthersPens62 might be tempted to take the Dolphins with their improved play recently.

Week 7: Browns over Rams (L)
Record: 3-4

Week 8: Giants over Saints

The Giants may be at a risk of a letdown after the big win over Dallas, but the Saints are just bad right now. Almost blowing that big lead over Indy doesn't bode well for their chances in a closer game.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
When I saw this thread was up, I thought PanthersPens62 might be tempted to take the Dolphins with their improved play recently.

The Giants may be at a risk of a letdown after the big win over Dallas, but the Saints are just bad right now. Almost blowing that big lead over Indy doesn't bode well for their chances in a closer game.

? They've won 3 of 4

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Saints are playing pretty well right now. The only reason they blew their big lead against Indy was because Breaux tripped twice, but he's been playing lights out all year. They are not a bad team by any stretch of the imagination, they've played every game close except for @ Philadelphia. Two losses in one-score games and gave the Cardinals and Panthers all they could handle, and those are two of the best teams in the league. And they beat the Falcons, who are also one of the best teams in the league.

If they beat the Giants at home they're 4-4 and right in the wildcard hunt with a really favorable schedule down the stretch. Literally every single game is winnable: Giants, Titans, @Redskins, @Texans, Panthers, @Buccaneers, Lions, Jags, @Falcons. Panthers are the toughest team there and they almost beat them on the road with a backup QB. Not counting my chickens because it still seems like an 8-8 kind of team, but I would not be shocked if they finish 10-6 or thereabouts. Much stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

Oh trust me, I was tempted & an upset would not shock, but its still Brady/Bellichick AT Foxboro & for now I can't see them quite ready to pull that off. Had the game been in Miami, I'd be picking the Dolphins as I did in week 1 last year.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Week 1: Giants over Cowboys (L)
Week 2: Lions over Vikings (L)
Week 3: Bills over Dolphins (W)
Week 4: Buccaneers over Panthers (L)
Week 5: Raiders over Broncos (L)
Week 6: Giants over Eagles (L)
Week 7: Saints over Colts (W)

Record: 2-5

Titans over Texans, who are somehow favored by 4.

Super Fadio Bro

MAMA MIA!!!
Jan 12, 2009
Somewhere
Overall: 1-6

Week 1: Raiders over Bengals (Loss)
Week 2: Jaguars over Dolphins (Win)
Week 3: 49ers over Cardinals (Loss)
Week 4: Dolphins over Jets (Loss)
Week 5: Raiders over Broncos (Loss)
Week 6: Bills over Bengals (Loss)
Week 7: 49ers over Seahawks (Loss)

This week: Broncos over Packers

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Week 1: Chiefs over Texans - Doesn't count
Week 2: Lions over Vikings - L
Week 3: Lions over Broncos - L
Week 4: Cowboys over Saints - L
Week 5: Seahawks over Bengals - L
Week 6: Bills over Bengals - L
Week 7: Buccaneers over Redskins - L

I don't even know what to say anymore.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Ok Ser Woof, I'm going to make you happy this week! With noodle-armed Peyton having a week to rest up, I think they come up big thanks to home field advantage & a strong D. Official pick:

Broncos over Packers

Your confidence gives me hope lol. Hoping the Pack pass D that showed up against Sandy Eggo gives us an encore performance to help out our woeful offense. Denver over Green Bay for me as well, how could I not?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm going to step out and see if I can catch the Panthers looking ahead to Green Bay next week. Even though it's MNF, Panthers need a loss and Colts need a win. That's my official pick. I'm on board with you guys picking the Broncos and Raiders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->