Value of: Upgrade to Dallas D

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I don't think Vancouver wants anything to do with Nichushkin, since he's still refusing to sign a contract and also the fact the Canucks picked Horvat while Nuke was still on the board.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I don't think Vancouver wants anything to do with Nichushkin, since he's still refusing to sign a contract and also the fact the Canucks picked Horvat while Nuke was still on the board.

There is a difference between refusing to sign and waiting it out trying to get the best. Kinda like Trouba, Kucherov and other RFAs. They arent refusing to sign, they are simply using as much time to negotiate the best deal

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I'd take Honka over Pesce and Nichushkin over Gauthier.

Well i view it as Nichushkin >> Pesce (when comparing both NHL'ers, so it's not close.. i'd say Slavin is worth about the same as Nichushkin tho) and Honka > Gauthier + Booth (comparing prospects), nonetheless still an easy no for Dallas..

but yea i think a straight up swap of Nichushkin for Slavin is a pretty fair deal for both teams, Slavin played top 4 minutes last season and looked good.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

I have not read anything about his extension talks hitting a snag or turning ugly.
No reason to think he won't be signed.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers are looking to move Staal because of his NMC. We expect him to rebound incl because part of the problem is how used by AV, and after last yr AV will be told to get a grip or get a seat.

he is 5.75 and we can afford to eat, but ya gotta make it worth our while if we eat multiyear $

Talent return otherwise is not as big a deal as moving the contract NMC, though we would like something for him.

I don't see matching parts for deal w/Dallas; not expecting Stars to offer small pick with conditional adds based on how good Staal is.

but my 2 cents here is just a rough sketch of a 3 way thought:

Hamilton to Stars

Staal to Flames

Dallas big something to Flames

Dallas moderate something to Rangers
Flames minimal something to Rangers

just a thought
obv would depend on filling in the blanks

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Rangers are looking to move Staal because of his NMC. We expect him to rebound incl because part of the problem is how used by AV, and after last yr AV will be told to get a grip or get a seat.

he is 5.75 and we can afford to eat, but ya gotta make it worth our while if we eat multiyear $

Talent return otherwise is not as big a deal as moving the contract NMC, though we would like something for him.

I don't see matching parts for deal w/Dallas; not expecting Stars to offer small pick with conditional adds based on how good Staal is.

Hamilton to Stars

Staal to Flames

just a thought

How many more Staal/Girardi threads is it going to take for you to get the point? Nobody wants these players. A trade would look like

Staal, multiple 1sts to Team X
Nothing to Rangers

Also, there's no point to the Rangers being party to your deal, you add nothing except complexity.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
How many more Staal/Girardi threads is it going to take for you to get the point? Nobody wants these players. A trade would look like

Staal, multiple 1sts to Team X
Nothing to Rangers

Also, there's no point to the Rangers being party to your deal, you add nothing except complexity.

That return is obviously exaggerated but Bernmeister needs to get it through his head that the Stars/fans want NOTHING to do with Staal. I don't know how many times he needs to be told that before he gives it up.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Hamilton to Stars

Staal to Flames

just a thought

Lmao these just keep getting more whacky

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That return is obviously exaggerated but Bernmeister needs to get it through his head that the Stars/fans want NOTHING to do with Staal. I don't know how many times he needs to be told that before he gives it up.

you may extend your apology any time now for completely ignoring the fact that I sent Staal to Flames, and LD Hamilton to Stars in my prop.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
you may extend your apology any time now for completely ignoring the fact that I sent Staal to Flames, and LD Hamilton to Stars in my prop.

It says here you also expect something for Staal from both the Stars and the Flames. Unless you are sending multiple 1sts away and forgot to post that, you have lost touch with reality.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW

Would Edmonton want nothing to do with Jack Eichel since they picked McDavid over him? I get that it isn't the most accurate of comparisons, but just because someone doesnt draft someone does not mean that they would never want him.

That being said, the Russian factor is a player too, but I've never liked the "draft-order" argument.

We will give you Kevin back + a third for nuke

He was a spare part when we traded him at the deadline, and he still is. No thanks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hard pressed to think of what the Stars would or could realistically offer for Brodin. Their best prospects are Dmen...don't need them, and I would guess that Dallas wants to hold onto Dmen at any rate. Don't want the mess that is Nichushkin. Gurayanov? Tufte? Sorry, but those guys are anything but sure things. Not trading Brodin for guys who are " maybes" in 2019-20.

Add in that we would be making a division rival stronger in the one area( goaltending aside) where they desperately need it, and I don't see a fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->