Updates

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Question:

Schubert is both a wing and a d-man. Can I dress him as a forward and play him on the power play as a d-man?

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Question:

Schubert is both a wing and a d-man. Can I dress him as a forward and play him on the power play as a d-man?

The sim only cares that you dress the minimum number of players at each position...it doesn't care where you play them.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Sounds like passing the buck to me. You receive an email and say that it will be done after free agency. Now I don't have the original email I sent because of computer issues. Oh well.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
But will it affect his performance? Will his rating be the same even though he is "playing out of position"

As far as I know, it will effect performance, because for that game he is seen as a player that only plays that position. The advantage of a guy like Schubert is that you can switch him between forward and D between games as required. It's the same for forwards who can play more than one position - the SIM doesn't account for that if you switch them between wings or center on regular lines versus the powerplay.

That is how I understand it anyway.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
But will it affect his performance? Will his rating be the same even though he is "playing out of position"

Heaven knows what the sim does. ;)

In the past, I've frequently played a forward on my #2 PP unit, and I don't feel like I've ever gotten burned. Then again, I've only had a few seasons where I've felt like I had more than 2 or 3 capable offensive defensemen.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Sounds like passing the buck to me. You receive an email and say that it will be done after free agency. Now I don't have the original email I sent because of computer issues. Oh well.

Dryden,

We are just trying to break the task and since prospect signing is very straight forward, I thought I would take on the the entire league request.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I get the process just don't understand how come other prospects are being signed but not mine. Just curious.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I get the process just don't understand how come other prospects are being signed but not mine. Just curious.

All other prospects signing request were sent to me and some of them were forwarded to me by Mickey. I think he may have misplaced your email.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
All other prospects signing request were sent to me and some of them were forwarded to me by Mickey. I think he may have misplaced your email.

Hasnain, were mine forwarded to you as well?

I can re-send them if not because I now realize I may not have used the correct format (used the regular UFA format).

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Montreal has just hired a new AGM named Jimmy, he is responsible for all communications, so if we don't reply back to an offer, misplace an email or seem like a Jackass, its Jimmys responsibility, Jimmy is also responsible for the teams finances, so if the team goes bankrupt, its also Jimmys fault. So if anything goes wrong its pretty much Jimmys fault. Jimmy is what the business calls a "fall-back guy", like Steve Tambellini and Larry Pleau, if things start to go south in Montreal, Jimmy can take the blame.

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
Montreal has just hired a new AGM named Jimmy, he is responsible for all communications, so if we don't reply back to an offer, misplace an email or seem like a Jackass, its Jimmys responsibility, Jimmy is also responsible for the teams finances, so if the team goes bankrupt, its also Jimmys fault. So if anything goes wrong its pretty much Jimmys fault. Jimmy is what the business calls a "fall-back guy", like Steve Tambellini and Larry Pleau, if things start to go south in Montreal, Jimmy can take the blame.

You forgot to post Jimmy's email address :)

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ummm... I know that I'm a bit low on players at the moment, but I don't remember ever signing Fedor Fedorov or Tim Stapleton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad