Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post - Full Attendance at Practice (4.13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens are in trouble here. They can get by a game or two, but losing Malkin even for the rest of the season places the team in jeopardy. They could miss the playoffs due to Columbus and Carolina passing them and a team sneaking in like the flyers or Habs. Killer injury and when a coach says week to week, that is maybe a month. Man this is really bad news. Bortuzzo cross checks two Pens and nothing called. Blatant stick work has to be called and Refs are clueless.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Broken (or even bruised) ribs are horrifically painful

yes they are. I can't believe this league, so the refs missed it on the ice. I can sorta see how that occurs at times. But for the league to not take any discipline on a cross check to the ribs to a player who is unsuspecting and doesn't have the puck or anything. How is that really that much different then Bortuzzo coming u with a flying elbow to the head from behind? Both are meant to injure and at the very least are extremely reckless and have no place in the sport.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Broken (or even bruised) ribs are horrifically painful
Yup. Can’t even sleep with bruised ribs. Imagine having a normal workout or a hockey game. I had mine bruised one time, I wasn’t living like a human for around 10 days, darkest time of my life :laugh:

I will always be amazed with the players that were able to play playoffs games with broken ribs. They’re not human or I’m a p***y, Idk which one it is.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
This is what happens when cross-checking in front of the net called only once in a blue moon. I am amazed that Hornqvist isn't injured more often, he takes a beating in front of the net in every game.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Yup. Can’t even sleep with bruised ribs. Imagine having a normal workout or a hockey game. I had mine bruised one time, I wasn’t living like a human for around 10 days, darkest time of my life :laugh:

I will always be amazed with the players that were able to play playoffs games with broken ribs. They’re not human or I’m a *****, Idk which one it is.

it really depends. I had a badly bruised rib, occurred because i made a desperation save to my left, strap on my chest protector had come undone (I knew this but kept playing was waiting for a stoppage) so it moved out of the way and the guy with the biggest slapshot on their team took one from 10 feet from me and nailed a rib. about the same location that geno got hit height wise.

Thing is it hurt like hell and I had to take a minute to recover, but I had another period to go we didn't have a backup goalie but in the heat of the game I was able to finish. Though my left elbow was tucked the rest of the way, I made damn sure i didn't get hit there again.

Next day, however, it hurt to breath too deep or cough, but I figured it was just bruised and they really don't do anything for that. I had to move a washer away from the wall because of a water issue. My side spasmed so hard I literally could not get air into my lungs for about a minute. I thought for a brief moment that I had actually broken my rib and it had just punctured my lung.

But it subsided (went next day to doctor, who told me I was an idiot for playing basically). I was out just short of 3 weeks, and was fine to play, though it was probably another week or two until i didn't notice it at all.

I'm just sayin I can see how he had an initial shock, and then was able to play after and then be unable too the next day as I went through that. I believe that if had a rib broken he would not have returned to the game, so probably really bruised and 3-4 weeks. That's my internet diagnosis. (but then again the doctor told me I was an idiot so what do i know) :P

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

turd

Feb 1, 2013
How the frig did Malkin finish the game, only to be ruled out later for weeks?

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
How the frig did Malkin finish the game, only to be ruled out later for weeks?

Are you surprised? This same thing happens to Pens players each and every season, usually Malkin and Letang but not only.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

I will always be amazed with the players that were able to play playoffs games with broken ribs. They’re not human or I’m a *****, Idk which one it is.

Probably use good drugs or pain makes them go nuts. I think drugs though...adrenaline from pain wears off fast.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Unreal. This team has been blessed with some generational talent and has 3 Cups to show for it, but like with Lemieux, you're always wondering what could have been if our stars had stayed healthy.

If there is anything that gives me pause in trading Kessel, it's his ability to stay healthy. He's been very frustrating this year, but still has the talent to be the go to on a top 6 line without a Malkin or Crosby. You trade him for a top 6 support winger and it makes it harder to compete when Malkin goes down.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->