Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Letang Out vs CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Great news. Looked like it could have been bad. Now let's get Geno and Schultz back and try to figure out chemistry.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Hasn't he already had shoulder surgery? hopefully it is his other shoulder.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I thought it looked more like he banged his head awkwardly. From the replays I saw, it didn't look like he was favoring his arm/shoulder. More like he was just dazed from hitting his head.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I thought it looked more like he banged his head awkwardly. From the replays I saw, it didn't look like he was favoring his arm/shoulder. More like he was just dazed from hitting his head.

If it was a concussion though they would have said it and he wouldn’t have been placed on IR immediately since you never know how soon he’d be ready...it’s definitely shoulder, arm or wrist or collarbone going on

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
This figures. Not even a week to week.

He was definitely favoring his arm. I missed the hit but I immediately knew his arm/shoulder was hurt by how he was holding it going off of the ice. I've broken my collarbone before and I held my arm that way as well, so I'd agree that's also a possibility. Definitely something in that area though.

Reactions: Andy99

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Well, Jack Johnson has ensured himself a spot from here forward.

Hopefully it isn’t season ending. That would not be good for this D. Plus side is we will be faster no matter who steps in. But we will be worse at defense.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Classic Penguins.

This figures. Not even a week to week.

He was definitely favoring his arm. I missed the hit but I immediately knew his arm/shoulder was hurt by how he was holding it going off of the ice. I've broken my collarbone before and I held my arm that way as well, so I'd agree that's also a possibility. Definitely something in that area though.

You’ve got to think that if it was his collarbone being broken they’d have a timeline. Really any broken bone.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I’m not sure out indefinitely is better or worse than the usual “day to day” BS they offer. I hope he’s going to recover. As frustrating has he’s been, I never want to see someone injured.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Classic Penguins.

You’ve got to think that if it was his collarbone being broken they’d have a timeline. Really any broken bone.
Yeah, if they don't announce a timeline by tomorrow you gotta think it's his shoulder. The fact that the release was indefinitely and not week to week already has me believing the worst.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah, if they don't announce a timeline by tomorrow you gotta think it's his shoulder. The fact that the release was indefinitely and not week to week already has me believing the worst.

I figure it’s his shoulder, tbh. It’s a question of what it is specifically, if he dodges surgery and the timeline. Maybe they’re waiting for the swelling to go down or it’s down to how he responds to time and PT, idk. I guess it should comforting that they didn’t immediately throw him on ltir and tweet about fond memories. Given that it’s the nhl, it may be keeping him out until the playoffs and hoping half a shoulder holds up well enough, or trying to do what Chicago did with Kane. Unless it’s season ending I doubt we’ll get a clear idea from Sullivan.

Or Sullivan has figured out that he can call every injury indefinite.

Yup

Collarbone could need surgery.

Even with surgery I’d expect the announcement to be that he’d had surgery and a timeline. Them saying he’s out indefinitely the next day doesn’t feel good.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad