Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Letang Out vs CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
That dude has a BMI of like 21 or something. We should stop being surprised that he gets injured so often.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
This is what I was afraid of with Murray. This is beyond ridiculous but I'm not surprised.
landscape-1510142184-unbreakable-samuel-l-jackson.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This is what I was afraid of with Murray. This is beyond ridiculous but I'm not surprised.
landscape-1510142184-unbreakable-samuel-l-jackson.jpg
It's ridiculous as f***.

He was shit last year and this year looked more of the same. On top, he's injury prone as hell. He's one of those guys that gave us a glimpse of his potential and will never show us it again.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Who is expected to get the starts while Murray is out?

50-50 on DeSmith and Jarry. Jarry's the better player with the more long term potential but DeSmith runs really hot when on and has the advantage of being the back up in situ.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
People wonder about why Murray let in that soft wrap around goal against MTL...that totally could be from a concussion...his reaction times at the end of that game looked slow...concussions can affect that, the processing of info, focus etc, everything a goaltender needs to be good....Crawford has been out forever from one, Mason nearly retired, now Nash is saying he’s still recovering months later....

I don’t think the Pens need to look right now for a replacement for Murray but IMO they should be assessing the position longterm because Murray has not shown himself to be a reliable #1 goalie and they need to start planning as if that will continue...they can’t waste this year or next—Sid and G’s best remaining years to win another Cup—on wing-and-a-prayer Murray....I’m not sold on DeSmith or Jarry as longterm solutions...I hope the organization is looking at younger goalies not in the NHL right now with an eye towards swinging a deal down the road....

Reactions: EightyOne

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Was it a concussion or just a precaution? Seems more like precautionary from the outside.
Personally, I think it's better to be overly cautious with all injuries, and concussions even more so. Give him all the time he needs to fully recover, because you know the other team is going to run him as much as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad