Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Letang Out vs CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
I know everyone is different and all that. While the hit was a little jarring, it really didn't look *that* bad at the time, nor does that twitter clip look all that bad either. talk about a glass jaw, some people just get concussions easier then others really nothing they can do about it. I've been steam rolled and have taken very hard shots off the noggin in multitude,but no drain bamage here.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yeah, obviously it didn't look -that- bad. But we're also talking the side of the helmet, which is a lot more vulnerable. Either way, concerning given his history.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
BobbyMac got the low-down(or JR answered his phone, if you will):

I guess that explains why he skating alone yesterday well after practice had ended and everyone else had left? Testing himself after what happened in practice or something like that?

To clarify for everyone: that Mackey tweet is from YESTERDAY.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Well I hope it dates back to Thursday, that would explain a lot.

I knew as soon as Gallagher hit him in the back of the head it was coming. I was actually suprised he played out the game and thought we lucked out.

Dudes durability leaves alot to be desired. .

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I know everyone is different and all that. While the hit was a little jarring, it really didn't look *that* bad at the time, nor does that twitter clip look all that bad either. talk about a glass jaw, some people just get concussions easier then others really nothing they can do about it. I've been steam rolled and have taken very hard shots off the noggin in multitude,but no drain bamage here.

Ya if I remember correctly hes had a history of a few before.

I know they get easier to come by the more you have, and hes fragile to begin with.

So.... with the Pens injury luck, I'm expecting the next one to be from a sneeze that jolts his head a lil too much.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
BobbyMac got the low-down(or JR answered his phone, if you will):

They really need to reasses what they’re doing in practices. Crosby, Fleury, Hunwick, Murray and Murray again have all been concussed in practice under Sullivan. They’re an injury prone team but, come on, it’s a pattern now. Fleury might have predated Sullivan his last GP before missing time was 14/12/15 and Sullivan was hired 12/12/15 but I’m pretty sure it was under Sullivan. It’s over 1 concussion in practice per season either way and ZAR had that mystery UBI.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Jarry packing his bags, so looks like a recall announcement is coming ...

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
I saw that happen in the moment and said, "Murray just got kneed in the head on that goal! Why aren't the commentators mentioning it?" Then they showed the replay of the goal and I said, "Whew, it doesn't look so bad, that was nothing...."

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Murray’s head moved pretty quickly in real time.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Hey Pens fans, who will be your starter now ? Jarry or DeSmith? I don’t know which one to pick up In my fantasy pool. Sorry to hear about Murray .

Thanks.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
They really need to reasses what they’re doing in practices. Crosby, Fleury, Hunwick, Murray and Murray again have all been concussed in practice under Sullivan. They’re an injury prone team but, come on, it’s a pattern now. Fleury might have predated Sullivan his last GP before missing time was 14/12/15 and Sullivan was hired 12/12/15 but I’m pretty sure it was under Sullivan. It’s over 1 concussion in practice per season either way and ZAR had that mystery UBI.

There certainly seems to be an unusually high amount of concussions in practice the past 3 seasons.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Another question is goalie masks. Demko in Vancouver got concussed in camp as well. And we know about Crawford in Chicago and his concussion issues.

There’s no protection in the back so if the goalie gets his with an elbow or stick likely to see a concussion.

Mask was designed to deflect pucks so that it would not absorb the puck like the old helmet and cage back in the 80’S.

With how hard guys shoot the puck, have to start wondering if the masks are up to par.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
It is safe to say that Murray’s transition to full-time starter has been as rocky as possible at this point.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Hope Murray does not start getting concussions at this point from flinching. That was a pretty weak concussion IMO.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Concussions beget concussions. At this point I don't know if it's safe to ever assume he can make it through a whole season. Either they need a better vet backup every year going forward a la Very, or Jarry is going to need to show he's a legit starter in a 1a/1b situation.

Hockey aside, I hope he's ok and starting to think about his health. No way you can have this many concussions in a row andnot have it affect your future cognitive abilities.

Reactions: Pens17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->