Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Letang Out vs CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Starting to look like Horny is damaged goods at this point. Sucks because the guy is a warrior and has been such a solid contributor for us. Bad injury news for sure.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
This is why, while I love Horny’s style and grit, he’s not worth a big contract because he’s too damn small and gets the shit beat out of him all the time.

And yes, I know that this was a freak accident thing...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
This is why, while I love Horny’s style and grit, he’s not worth a big contract because he’s too damn small and gets the **** beat out of him all the time.

And yes, I know that this was a freak accident thing...

With concussions (and other things ;)) size doesn’t matter. He’s played the same way his whole NHL career and remained fairly healthy. Probably just a Penguins thing.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Weird that a puck to the mouth caused a concussion. Meanwhile Sid took that Orpik slapper to the jaw and had no issue (aside from the broken jaw).

Anecdotal obviously but I’ve been dealing with headaches (frontal lobe area) for the past few weeks that I’ve only recently correlated to jaw clenching and neck/trap tenseness, I guess, due to stress. Had a headache for 5 days straight and was convinced I was dying.

Either way if he’s Franzen we LTIR him and we don’t have to worry about his contract, just have to replace him.

Don’t have an issue with shutting him down for an extended period either. Like wait until he’s fully symptom free & cleared to play, then give him another month to be safe. I don’t think there’s any medical evidence that that does any good but obviously the current protocol in terms of how concussions and the recovery is measured seems pretty archaic and non-scientific as is. It’s like “no symptoms? try skating. still fine? try practice. still good? try a game.” I think the longer amount of time you can put between an injury and the risk of another one (return to action) the better.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Weird that a puck to the mouth caused a concussion. Meanwhile Sid took that Orpik slapper to the jaw and had no issue (aside from the broken jaw).
Maybe the fact that the jaw broke dispersed some energy before it got to the brain.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Man...this really sucks the life out of watching the game for me right now. I just hope Horny takes a little more time to get back. f*** this sport, he has a family that is gonna need that psychotic energy.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Well, that sucks about Hornqvist. Scary for him, too, considering how many he's gotten recently.

Depends on the severity of each. If they’ve healed properly before the next one it’s not as bad but we don’t have that technology yet so it’s all a guesstimate based on scans, symptoms and statistics from other brain injuries.

Personally I feel NHL players in general come back too early. I don’t see how anyone comes back before 2 weeks and is ready even for the minor ones.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm surprised the Pens are going with 12 forwards on this trip.

If a forward gets injured tonight its gonna be tough to get a forward from WB to LA in time for tomorrow's game.

Maybe Sully is comfortable going with 7 def if that happens.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
7D might work against an anemic LAK....kinda vomit though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->