Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Did Murray come out as backup or did he stay in the locker room for the rest of the game?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
This has been posted in another thread already, just leaving it here for posterity ...

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Ugh, the dreaded "Week-to-week" prognosis. Sucks. But better than the torn PCL I predicted.

And yes, if there were any doubts (shouldn't have been), think this solidifies that Murray injury prone.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Good news on Murray. It's not season ending and sounds like a month could be the back end of the wait time. Honestly as much as it stinks to see these injuries it does have the sided benefit of keeping guys fresher given how much hockey we've played the past 2+ seasons.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Ugh, the dreaded "Week-to-week" prognosis. Sucks. But better than the torn PCL I predicted.

And yes, if there were any doubts (shouldn't have been), think this solidifies that Murray injury prone.

Why?

I'm actually encouraged if it's a knee and not a groin. If he had a groin strain/tear, then I think you can begin sounding the injury prone trumpets. There's really not a lot you can do about a dude ramming the back of your knee off the post.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
2-4 weeks isn’t the best news but could have been much much worse

Reactions: TNT87

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Why?

I'm actually encouraged if it's a knee and not a groin. If he had a groin strain/tear, then I think you can begin sounding the injury prone trumpets. There's really not a lot you can do about a dude ramming the back of your knee off the post.

Because a torn PCL would require surgery. And he'd be out at least several months. I don't see how a groin or hamstring strain which is likely to heal in 4-6 weeks is worse than that......

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Why?

He could have pulled up his bootstraps a little higher like any decent, non-injury-prone goaltender would.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Week to week isn’t bad considering how it looked. My guess is he comes back after Christmas. That would give him a little extra time to make sure he’s 100% without missing an extra game. Jarry can handle the net until then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad