Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Interested to see what Sully does with L4 when Rowney is back, assuming no other injuries. My guess is Kuhn out and Rowney at wing, but who knows.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
sdkkC7x.png

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Is Malkin ever going to play a full (even 75+ games) season again?

Be prepared for "It's just day to day", Malkin comes back after missing a few games, plays a couple weeks, then misses the next 2 months with the same injury before coming back at less than 100% again.

WI Pens Fan

Nov 17, 2017
How does a player who plays no defense, skates like he is on a date, and NEVER goes to the net always hurt?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
How does a player who plays no defense, skates like he is on a date, and NEVER goes to the net always hurt?
You have a total of 3 posts. Two of them involve negative comments about Malkin. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but establishing yourself as a hater doesn't usually bode well for your overall experience with the board. Most folks will ignore you. Or point out that you're a hater and shouldn't be taken seriously. Unless that's the sort of experience you're looking for, in which case you're totally on point.

turd

Feb 1, 2013

Be prepared for "It's just day to day", Malkin comes back after missing a few games, plays a couple weeks, then misses the next 2 months with the same injury before coming back at less than 100% again.
He can play five games every year for all I care, as long as he’s 100% heading into the playoffs.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I doubt it. He hasn’t hit 70 games in a long time and he’s getting older with a longer injury history. And it’s the Pens. Honestly, there aren’t a lot of players on this team I’d bet on hitting 75+ games in any given season.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

From today's lines in practice, I'd guess that Rowney will be back in tomorrow. But it's just a guess, so

Reactions: Clare2904

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He can play five games every year for all I care, as long as he’s 100% heading into the playoffs.

THIS is the lesson JR learned in his first year. People forget, but Geno played pretty well under Mike Johnston. Screwed up his ankle. Came back early as the team was imploding, helped stem the tide, but screwed it up again. Then, with the team about to miss the playoffs, he came back so early that you could see he barely could skate. He did nothing, but the Pens backed into a playoff series with the Rangers where Geno could barely skate.

They learned right then and there that it was stupid to rush Geno back from injuries or to let him come back any time before they knew for certain that he was 100%. And, 'it's my understanding' that's why he's some of those games the last two years, to err on the side of caution.

This is why I suspected when hearing about Geno on Tuesday that we likely wouldn't see him this weekend, no matter what else is going on with the team. Seems that strategy has worked to the Pens benefit the last two years, but as the old saying goes, 'haters gonna hate'.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Just wanted to say thanks for running this thread again. I follow the Pens closely and you guys have the best injury thread on HF every season. Nice to see it hasn't been as busy this year haha.

I'd imagine Malkin won't be in tomorrow. Pens don't play again till Friday/Saturday back to back with Buffalo.
THIS is the lesson JR learned in his first year. People forget, but Geno played pretty well under Mike Johnston. Screwed up his ankle. Came back early as the team was imploding, helped stem the tide, but screwed it up again. Then, with the team about to miss the playoffs, he came back so early that you could see he barely could skate. He did nothing, but the Pens backed into a playoff series with the Rangers where Geno could barely skate.

They learned right then and there that it was stupid to rush Geno back from injuries or to let him come back any time before they knew for certain that he was 100%. And, 'it's my understanding' that's why he's some of those games the last two years, to err on the side of caution.

This is why I suspected when hearing about Geno on Tuesday that we likely wouldn't see him this weekend, no matter what else is going on with the team. Seems that strategy has worked to the Pens benefit the last two years, but as the old saying goes, 'haters gonna hate'.

Agreed. I also think the Pens/Caps meeting in the 2nd round has shown the regular season isn't very important anymore. Well at least for those teams that are good enough to make the playoffs every year. In November: resting >>> rushing back from an injury.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Just wanted to say thanks for running this thread again. I follow the Pens closely and you guys have the best injury thread on HF every season. Nice to see it hasn't been as busy this year haha.

I'd imagine Malkin won't be in tomorrow. Pens don't play again till Friday/Saturday back to back with Buffalo.

Agreed. I also think the Pens/Caps meeting in the 2nd round has shown the regular season isn't very important anymore. Well at least for those teams that are good enough to make the playoffs every year. In November: resting >>> rushing back from an injury.

Good bet on Malkin not playing tomorrow. If he doesn't, then he'll end up having gotten a 2 week break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->