Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Simon fractured left thumb.
Do you have a source?

Also, since we can only embed a certain number of Tweets, I've updated the spreadsheet with the information we have regarding injuries. The link is in the first post, and here

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
As negative as these remarks by JR and Sully are toward Kessel, it says a lot about the org's opinion of Sprong that they still wouldn't bench Phil even for a game to play him.

Not the organization but Sully for sure...JR plans on him playing next year....

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Weird I saw nothing on Letang's obvious brain injury...

I guess I was right about Phil. He should have sat the last week or two of the regular season to try and recover if possible. Oh well, I mean after all it was just a cup run.

To the turd talking about Sprong, stop. Unless they trade him (which I think is possible) he plays next year for sure and I would never sub for Kessel unless he couldn't play at all. Simon would have been the more obvious sub.

There's always next year!

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
We all guessed at Geno’s injury, that one isn’t surprising. Then saying Kessel isn’t severely injured makes me think he just doesn’t need surgery. Curious what Brassard has, he was completely ineffective, makes sense something was holding him back.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We all guessed at Geno’s injury, that one isn’t surprising. Then saying Kessel isn’t severely injured makes me think he just doesn’t need surgery. Curious what Brassard has, he was completely ineffective, makes sense something was holding him back.

It was a groin injury as reported by Yohe at the time it occurred in the RS...at the time, I told people it wouldn’t heal fully in the two weeks he didn’t play...I’m assuming that’s what JR is referring to...those things can take many months of rest to heal up...

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Didn't they say that Brassard was a groin during the regular season?

ETA: Beat to the punch.

My theory on Phil during the season was that he was dealing with a rib injury. Towards the end of the season he took a hit to the torso and was visibly shaken up. Maybe it was healing and it got reinjured?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Phil vs Sully has been an ongoing thing.
I do hope it was injuries tho and not a player quitting on his coach.
I remember Sully flew up to Toronto last summer(think it was) for a little one on one.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Kessel absolutely was injured significantly, you don’t go from 90 point player and the best player for the Pens for the first half of the year to whatever the hell that was. Sully must just mean surgery wise. He might be pissed that Phil wanted to play through it and was soft and terrible in his effort to do so.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
As negative as these remarks by JR and Sully are toward Kessel, it says a lot about the org's opinion of Sprong that they still wouldn't bench Phil even for a game to play him.
Kessel wasn't the guy keeping Sprong out of the lineup. It was Sheary, who I think is as good as gone based on the "great nucleus but there will be changes" in addition to "Sprong will be a regular next year" comments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad