Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
They probably dont wanna sound like a bunch of whiners making excuses right after being eliminated. Im sure we will get information the next couple of days

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
When we find out the injuries that were holding Kessel back, i hope our media is smart enough(usually arent) to ask Sullivan why nothing was done about it.

As in why would he refuse to take him off pp1. We score like we normally do on the pp and we win this series. He was not only useless on it but a liability. That killed us. And was the biggest reason we lose this series.

turd

Feb 1, 2013

That was an awful playoff performance by Phil.

Nothing significant likely means just nothing that requires surgery which will keep him on the shelf for a while. I doubt it means he felt like a spring chicken out there. He was likely dealing with sometbig bothersome that will be able to be healed with rest this offseason.

I’m not excusing his play by saying that, but I’m sure a lot of people will read that quote and start complaining wildly about it. He never said he wasn’t injured. Just not significantly injured.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Nothing significant likely means just nothing that requires surgery which will keep him on the shelf for a while. I doubt it means he felt like a spring chicken out there. He was likely dealing with sometbig bothersome that will be able to be healed with rest this offseason.

I’m not excusing his play by saying that, but I’m sure a lot of people will read that quote and start complaining wildly about it. He never said he wasn’t injured. Just not significantly injured.

I think your reading to much into it.

Its pretty clear Sully doesn't feel an injury effected Phil's play.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I think your reading to much into it.

Its pretty clear Sully doesn't feel an injury effected Phil's play.
All that’s clear to me is that it’s not a significant injury.

How about this from the GM:

He was playing hurt. Not enough to require surgery but enough to affect his performance, clearly.

Why does everyone need to blame someone?

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
As negative as these remarks by JR and Sully are toward Kessel, it says a lot about the org's opinion of Sprong that they still wouldn't bench Phil even for a game to play him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad