Updated ISS 2007 draft rankings -- Dec. 4

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Nice to see Cherepanov on the top 30 (no. 22)! This guy is having a great year in the RSL. The funny thing is that according to Hockeydb.com, Cherepanov is 5.10 but on the ISS list, he is a big guy : 6.03! What is the truth? Is he big or small?

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
No Korostin around at all? JVR getting lots of publicity, however, and seems to be solidifying himself near the top, as many predicted he would. Cherepanov at 22 is not-so-modest IMO. He may be worthy of low-mid teens with the way he has been playing over the pond.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
What the heck? The one I saw a few days ago had "Backlund" at 9. Now he's not even on the list? What's goin' on?

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
Fair enough. I was under the impression that what I looked at a few days ago was made at the end of November.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Nice to see Cherepanov on the top 30 (no. 22)! This guy is having a great year in the RSL. The funny thing is that according to Hockeydb.com, Cherepanov is 5.10 but on the ISS list, he is a big guy : 6.03! What is the truth? Is he big or small?

Hockeydb.com is horrendous in terms of out of date, incorrect player measurements. ISS sounds to have it about right, Alexei Cherepanov is indeed tall and rather lanky.

However, who in God's name is: "Sherepanov, Alekei"?! :amazed:

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
He's playing terribly for Vasteras in the Allsvenskan and was left off Sweden's WJC prelim roster completely because of it.

He was left of the team because he hasnt really progressed this year. Patrik Berglund plays on the same team and hes on the prelim roster.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
I doubt Cherepanov is 6'03. He plays with Kuryanov (and Kuryanov is close to 5'10, at least I've seen him live with something like this). They look like they both have the same height or close to it.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Cherepanov, Bashkirov, Karamnov, Korostin, Gratchev, and Mayorov have all cycled in and out of top 30 now. I like how deep this draft is for Russia... perhaps the best since 1983 born players got drafted?

Suffice to say it is quite strange to see Mayorov as the top Russian skater. :amazed:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I doubt Cherepanov is 6'03. He plays with Kuryanov (and Kuryanov is close to 5'10, at least I've seen him live with something like this). They look like they both have the same height or close to it.

He is 180cm and 78kg... which is about 5'9 and 172lb.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Plante at 17th? I think he's a first day pick, but first round? Over complete players like Ross?

Otherwise pretty accurate. You could argue :eek::eek::eek::eek:i going higher, but once you get past the top ten everyone's lists will differ. Seems like this year has great defensemen in high quantity, and some really talented forwards here and there.

How long is it going to take for Valach to get on one of these lists? I think he's better than Plante. And he's bigger.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Hockeydb.com is horrendous in terms of out of date, incorrect player measurements. ISS sounds to have it about right, Alexei Cherepanov is indeed tall and rather lanky.
UH? That's not the impression i had when i saw him something like one week ago. I thought something like 5'11"..

edit* i see it was discussed later.. but this makes it even more confusing:
"He is 180cm and 78kg... " 180 is not that tall (5'11 like they said and not 5'9..nor 6'3!) and 78kg for a 180cm tall 17yrs old doesn't sound lanky!

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
ISS seems to be becoming enamoured with Swiss forward Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i much like they were with a then little-known, suspectly-challenged Anze Kopitar.

Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i / Swiss 89

Excellent tournament - U18 tournament in Pitea, Sweden. He definitely caught the eye of a lot of scouts. Looks bigger than the last time we saw this player in August. Fun to watch, always a threat when he was on the ice especially in the offensive zone. Can do the little extra to win games. Great hands and good speed.

Anyone see him play?

Backlund dropped because of this too:

Mikael Backlund / Vasteras (Allsvenskan)

Much to our chagrin, we see no choice but to drop Backlund down in our rankings after being so high on him coming into the season. At recent international U18 tournament in Pitea, Sweden Backlund was outplayed by more or less everyone. Simply put, Backlund hasn't developed as expected.

Sounds like someone overhyped him...

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
Where is Oscar Möller? He definately should be between 10-20 on this list...
Moller has been moved down to No. 32 in our December rankings. Our chief scout and our director of scouting have seen him play in the last three weeks. They are concerned about his skating, especially since he's not really big enough to overpower guys.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->